• Breaking News

    Friday, November 5, 2021

    Crusader Kings Errors

    Crusader Kings Errors


    Errors

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    RNG is a bitch sometimes

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    How do you like my hellenic empire of Greece?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    A member of my Dynasty became the Pope

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    Playing as Denmark, vassalized Alfred the not-so-great of Wessex, made him destroy his son in battle and capture him.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    Today I've finally finished my Generic Pagan run in CK2

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    This random girl at 0 age has traits. Is this some kind of a special character?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Go home Finland, you're drunk.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    Poor guy fell for the usual trick: do you hold constantinople? well fuck you then

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    In an epic clash of civilizations the Mongols invaded Byzantium

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    A Race Against Time

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    Too stubborn to die

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    Non-Feudal Raiding!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 01:54 AM PDT

    Non-pagan* Kingdoms should be able to raid, it is a fun part of the game and historically the crusader states, byzantine, and Iberian frontiers were a series of constant raids and skirmishes.

    Yes, obviously they should make it more restricted than viking pagan raids, for example, no overseas raiding, only be possible against those of a different religion, and maybe you could only raid bordering counties directly adjacent to yours. Also make it give a CB against the aggressor, (Saladin got a CB against Jerusalem after a caravan was raided by Reynald de Chatillon).

    Either way, it should be possible, it reflects history and is a fun part of the game, also it would make the reaver trait not completely useless.

    Maybe they could make it one of those new cultural traditions they are working on? So for example, Outremer culture allows the Kingdom of Jerusalem to raid.

    submitted by /u/Ditalite
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn't the characters being married have a bit more influence on the choice?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    I know that their dynasty head/house head decided this in reality of course, but people still had preferences, right? So I think there should be some events where for example your son asks you if he can marry a character he likes and you can choose to accept or not. There could also be events when your children aren't happy at all with who you've chosen for them and you can ignore it (they hate you now), make a compromise or whatever (they get a hook on you) or stop the marriage (costing you prestige but they like you more now). I'm not entirely sure though, what do you think?

    submitted by /u/CF64wasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    The least insane Frenchman

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    "Oh, look, I can become a berserker, what could go wrong?...", character then proceeds to killing most of his family...

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    Prepare to Die. Tried to make an Inigo Montoya lookalike, I think I got the traits right at least.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 05:40 PM PDT

    What is on your wishlist for CK3 features?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    I made a population pyramid of my dynasty in CK2

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    I’m Done Until They Rework How Partition Splits Titles

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    TLDR: I like that partition is a huge part of the game, but the way the titles get split is seriously jacked up. They need to add the ability to designate indivisible crown lands, or give the youngest sons something else besides land out of your crown duchy. No sane king would write a will to fuck his heir this hard.

    I'm a bit irritated right now, so bear with me... Here I am playing as the king of Holstein and Frisia, regular partition succession.

    An empire isn't happening in this lifetime, so I know the kingdoms are going to split between the heir and the first spare. That's fine, no biggie, that's how partition works.

    I gave my (at the time youngest) son a conquered/revoked duchy to try keep him from chopping up my crown lands. All is going well, at least until I have two more sons with my late 30s, early 40s wife. Now unless I can conquer more land in a hurry or play the meta, I'm fucked.

    So I get cancer and die in my 50s before I have money saved for this impending succession disaster, of course, and become my heir. Frisia goes to the second oldest, duke little brother is chilling, no problem. Here's the massive kick in my balls that has me furious right now: Since I had those two unaccounted for baby brothers, my crown duchy gets chopped into fucking bits to throw them some scraps!

    Now I'm the king of a 6 or whatever duchy kingdom with ONE fucking county. I'm pretty much the most broke, punkass duke in the kingdom... except I'm also the king! Everyone declares war on me all at once, and I somehow eek out some white peace treaties without losing more land.

    Now that the dust is settled, I can start reunifying my kingdom, right? WRONG! I can't even take my crown counties back from my baby brothers, because they're naturally strong enough to tell me to go kick rocks. So as soon as I try a tyrannical revocation I get in a civil war with my (unlike me, actually powerful) dukes that are shaking their fingers at me for being a tyrant...

    Yeah, I'm done. I can fart around saving money and scheming until I get my shit back, I know that, but my motivation to play just got shot dead.

    So, I don't mind partition being the primary form of non-elective succession in the early and mid-game. I think it's better than the primo-rush from CK2. It's an interesting check on power and a bit more historically accurate to the point that the kings of the early and high middle ages didn't just tell their younger sons to screw themselves and that they weren't getting land. My problem is with the way the game divvies up your land without any input from you.

    Like what major king would chop up his own crown lands to all but ensure the heir to his kingdom was effectively powerless? It's not like the monarch would have no say in how his will is written and how the land gets divided. It's not like you'd just hand off the task to your chancellor and blindly sign the will when it crosses your desk.

    I understand that the gamey/arbitrary nature of succession in Crusader Kings is a check on the player's power but the way the scenario above played out is just dumb. You should be able to designate crown lands at the kingdom and empire level. A king should be able to say "This is the crown duchy with my personal demesne, no part of it will be given to anyone but the crown prince." There should also be some alternatives to simply giving land to the youngest sons. What about money? If you have 1000 gold when you die maybe the youngest sons should inherit a chunk of the treasury to go their own way instead of chopping up the crown duchy into bits? Maybe we should get a button for these young princes who will be getting counties and not duchies to select between giving them X% of the treasury or a crown county? How about seats on the heir's council? Not to mention, since my kingdom was getting split into two equal and independent kingdoms, why not give one or both of the baby brothers to the king of Frisia?

    I also dislike the current partition-avoidance meta of practicing hardcore family planning, killing off your sons or disinheriting them. Any ruler in the Middle Ages wasn't holding back on having children, they'd die young all the freaking time! No king in his right mind was ever going to marry a granny specifically so he wouldn't have more kids. Then there's a reason you can't assassinate your children without the sadistic trait, you'd have to be a sick puppy to stoop that low even as a megalomaniacal monarch, so sending princes to die against a doomstack is stupid. Disinheritance is the least of those evils, but it still sucks blowing renown and doesn't excuse the shitty inheritance mechanics.

    Alright, rant over. So yeah if you actually read all of this, thanks for hearing me out. I know, I need to git gud and I could have done a few things differently or played the succession metagame... I just don't want to. I don't mind setbacks in a CK game, that's the fun, but that shitshow I just told you about wasn't fun. The partition inheritance mechanics need some serious work, and seeing as most players either hate it or game the game to get around it, I think most people would agree.

    submitted by /u/TankerD18
    [link] [comments]

    India, The piggy bank of the Normans

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment