• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 6, 2021

    Crusader Kings Are these normal feelings to have towards a wife? I wonder…

    Crusader Kings Are these normal feelings to have towards a wife? I wonder…


    Are these normal feelings to have towards a wife? I wonder…

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    An Italian lesson in statecraft...

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    "I'm not looking to form alliances with my enemies. I just wanna screw up their gene pool."

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 11:40 PM PDT

    Did I just… debate Sauron to death

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    A few days ago I gave you my favorite queens during my playthrough. Now I give you the kings.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    I can't be the only one who gets offended by random vassals trying to seduce me...

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    "I was hoping your sickness would take you out, but I suppose I have to do it myself."

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    My Varangian empire

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    This seems off...

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    Marshalling armies makes no sense to me.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    Marshalling troops in either of the Crusader Kings games. I'll talk mor about CK3, because that's the one I played more recently, but if I remember correctly, what I'll say applies to CK2 aswell.

    Firstly: I have no problem with gathering in a few adjacent baronies and such, without having visible troop movement. My biggest problem, by far, is that there's no nobility there. You have a sh... lot of levies, a few very well trained and supplied troops, but where's literally everyone else from your domain? The only characters that are special are the knights, but (as far as I know), when there'd be a battle there would also be a whole load of nobles trying to reach for glory, bringing and commanding "their" troops from their holdings.

    This was a big reason (again, as far as I'm aware), that most of the times medieval armies hated pitched battles, because they had the potential of radically shifting power within a kingdom, by having a huge chunk of the nobility wiped out. Yet in both CK games I played the closest you get to this are the crusades/Jihads, but even there it sometimes gets ridiculous, when 500 minor muslim lords join in with their bizillion knights, and crush a christian host from the two greatest Monarchs, which outnumber them 3-1, bcs the Holy Roman Emperor and the King of France only had 20-30 knights between them, and about 6000 MAAs, while the islamic host had three-four times the amount of knights.

    I could go on, and certainly doesn't apply to all kingdoms, but this, to me, seems utterly ridiculous, and haven't seen a single post about this (maybe I'm blind, but oh well).

    Have a great day y'all!

    submitted by /u/Fixy_The_Awesome
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my new vassal an albino boy with a fake Santa beard?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    Powerful genes. Particularly, powerful hairstyle genes.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    Res Publica - Dev Diary 4: 1.4 Release

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! This dev diary serves two purposes: 1. The change log for update 1.4, Vive la Révolution and 2. Discussing my plans for the future of the mod.

    Changelog:

    Highlights

    Factions

    Reform Revisions

    New Flavor

    Bug Fixes

    Factions

    Two factions have been added. The Republican faction, led by your vassals trying to establish an elected ruler republic, and the Peasant Republican faction, where your counties revolt in an attempt to establish a Parliamentary republic.

    Reform Revisions

    Reforms have gone from needing 40% of the total respect in the republic to a vote of the families in the republic. This makes it slightly easier to accomplish, as well as making it far easier to understand.

    New Flavor

    There are five new innovations, three cultural and two regular innovations. There are also a few unique flavor decisions. Things such as the Magna Carta were added, as well as a Found Italian City State decision.

    Bug Fixes

    Fixed non-senate republics that weren't reforming

    Changed AI nations converting to republics so that it only happens in the 12th century and after as well as mostly with the English and Italy

    Vassal republics can now appoint councillors

    Citizenship law proposals when there is the leader's discretion law for citizenship no longer cause issues and just auto pass.

    Can't infinitely coup and convert back to republic now

    Governors should switch to feudal when their liege isn't republican

    Theocracy vassals can no longer become families in the republic

    Added a temporary opinion boost from patricians towards newly elected leaders of the republic to increase stability

    Minor under the hood improvements

    Plans for the Future:

    I'm going to be honest here, I haven't fully worked out my plans for the future. Most of what I say here will likely be revised over time and might be completely false later on. A few things I can say for sure:

    • There will not be any major updates until Royal Court comes out, though there will be smaller bugfix updates.
    • I will adapt Royal Court to create Republican Courts. They should be interesting. If the courts system is moddable enough, I might make senate/parliament chambers (assuming I can find a decent 3d modeller or use one of the current throne rooms.)

    I also plan on revising the elected ruler republic somewhat, as they're currently the least interesting of all republic forms. After that, I don't have much more planned out.

    submitted by /u/Ghost-in-the-System
    [link] [comments]

    Wait a minute...

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    Following up my daughter who became a drunkard at 16, she is now Queen of Scotland and her firstborn has a curious set of traits

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 02:07 AM PDT

    Religion: Guys after about 12 full play throughs I haven't once clicked the religion tab. Nor have I ever been on a Crusade. I only spam the Pope for gold. Am I missing something? Is religion pointless? Why Crusade? For what?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    I'm just after ideas to make my games even more interesting. I'm still learning. Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/M0dular
    [link] [comments]

    Of course not my Lord, you didn't get the job just because you're the Duke! Shame on whoever said that! ...Ahem.... (I'm impressed he's holding the dagger the right way around)

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    Xiawu Dynasty AAR - Part 3 - Panpan the Stabby

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    Civil War Frustrations

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    In a civil war, when I siege down a capital or annihilate an enemy army in the field and end up capturing one of my rebel vassals, the fact that that vassal just immediately leaves the civil war denying you the chance to revoke their titles without tyranny gain and immediately depriving you of occupation warscore. It makes some sense that the rebelling vassal would immediately surrender, but the loss of warscore and revocation justification makes no sense and is incredibly frustrating. It incentivizes not capturing the enemy leaders or not beating the enemy armies too badly.

    submitted by /u/Ficinus
    [link] [comments]

    Must have been one hell of a Spring break

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    How often does this happen?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate! Once I was aware of this decision there really was only one option for a playthrough!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    Last days of Byzantine empire.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment