• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 4, 2021

    Crusader Kings ModCon: CK3- Day 3

    Crusader Kings ModCon: CK3- Day 3


    ModCon: CK3- Day 3

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    Ah yes, my favorite nun

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 01:06 AM PDT

    We need to talk about Byzantine and Seljuks

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    Historically, Seljuk Empire invaded the inner anatolian lands of Byzantine Empire and established Sultanate of Rum. As someone with 300 hours in this game, I'm yet to see this happen. Instead, Seljuks split up in the first 50 years and Byzantine continues to expand forever. Here are the reasons for it:

    -Byzantine starts with primogeniture which means the Empire will be inherited by a single heir. As a result, the realm never splits among the sons and the new Emperor keeps the full strenght.

    -The majority of the Empire shares the same culture and religion (Greek and Orthodox) which stabilizes the realm and reduces the the populist revolts.

    -Byzantine has 20k at best and 10k at worst mega army which means no one other than Seljuks can challenge them.

    -Seljuk Empire has 15k levies and 25k special soldiers (literally the strongest army) and start the 1066 game by invading Caucauses region of Byzantine which they almost always win.

    -Seljuks is a clan government and the Emperor is allied with all of his vassals which means the Empire is always participating in random wars declared by the vassal dukes.

    -The Seljuk Emperor doesn't start with many holdings and there is no primogeniture which means the second Emperor is always weaker than his predecessor.

    -Being in constant war without the holdings to support it eventually ends up with stronger duke vassals gaining their independence and realm splitting up. Seljuks never declare another war on Byzantine because their troops are always raised.

    Byzantine and Seljuks need to be rewoked together in order to make the game more realistic and stop Byzantine from becoming a stabilized utopia every single time. In my last playthorugh, the Makedon Emperor converted to Coptic and his vassals and peasants were completely fine with it. It is becoming ridicoulus.

    Edit: I think the way to solve this is by making the battle of Manzikert a scripted event special casus belli like the Hungarian migration event. It would give Seljuks a chance without overpowering them

    Edit2: I want to clear couple of things. The reason I talked about battle of Manzikert is because it is in 1071, only 5 years after the start date. However, it was just a suggestion on how to make the game more interesting. What I really want is a flavour pack to make Byzantine more interesting. I don't want them to get destroyed everytime, but I don't want them to succeed every time either.

    submitted by /u/mdqad
    [link] [comments]

    KCD characters reimagined in the CK3 ruler designer

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    Does character creator make you automatically Feudal?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    Poor lad never stood a chance

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    Just sharing some of my creations

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    I'm finally free! What do you personally consider to be the most tedious / hardest achievement?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    Is there is a way to show all dyplomacy option all the time?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    The Toddzerker

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    From Rags to Pope Hat

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    When your wife is your rival

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    A mighty siege

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    My sons are granny chasers.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    6 times with six different sons I have caught these wrinkled grapes in my sons arms. I give them titles, I marry them off to young fertile geniuses and yet somehow someway these old bags manage to snare their grandchildren. At first I thought it was funny but now I think they're up to something and have become paranoid.

    submitted by /u/AdamElridge
    [link] [comments]

    Sick of Servers only hosting CK3 games while your potato PC can only handle CK2? Well I have the server for you!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Sick of Servers only hosting CK3 games while your potato PC can only handle CK2? Well I have the server for you!

    Is your wisdom and mercy legendary? Are tales of your misdeeds told from Ireland to Cathay? Will Allah bring glory upon your house? Is your favorite horse starting to look like the perfect candidate for a new chancellor? Is your sister wife having an affair with the Pope? Well, you've come to the right place!

    Greetings, knights of all lands! I am here to bring news of Crusader Mates 2, a new discord server started by some of the same members of the popular "Chellaris" Stellaris RP server!

    We plan to host weekly CK2 games with themes to each one, with everything from cooperative games where we all help each other defeat an external threat, to faction games where two teams of a set religion/culture go head to head, to Machiavellian competitive games where we all compete for the same imperial crown! And for each of those options, roleplay will be a huge part of it, with us all behaving as we think our characters realistically would!

    From veterans to total beginners, all will be able to take part! "Why CK2 when CK3 is out already?" I hear you ask. When I looked around and realized I didn't see anyone hosting major servers for CK2 anymore now CK3 is out, I decided to fix that! Ck2 is older and has more complete DLC released for it at this point in time, and since the host already has all the DLC, you can join in the fun free! Did I mention CK2 is free?!?!

    Message me for an invite today!

    https://preview.redd.it/jxu8qaf707971.png?width=934&format=png&auto=webp&s=adf3a7b18325a641d2f621b6ec8876a71ed8e6c3

    submitted by /u/CaptainFishburn
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting suggestion...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    Muslim Roman Empire - Cursed or Blessed

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 04:30 AM PDT

    Muslim Roman Empire - Cursed or Blessed

    https://preview.redd.it/whbd9yo5m6971.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=e94ab2d55b617e43264f41a74da4de1067adfec8

    The year is 1050, after the foundation of the Roman Empire 9 years before, the Byzantine Emperor is defeated and his land shattered. The Roman Empire has now fallen in Muslim hands and Christianity is soon to be a memory of the past.

    submitted by /u/Lepe96
    [link] [comments]

    No f*cking way...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Youtube

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Hello Guys,

    I don't reddit post very often as I tend to just scroll and read!

    Now I know what you're thinking... This is going to sound like an e-beg, but its more of a humble request. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. However, here goes... I've been doing my new YouTube content for a while that is mostly CK3 content for now. If that has peaked your interest, then why not consider checking out my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxN1A5WN--AlooT8N5WFog Who knows? You may like what you see. I have seen some initial growth and I am getting a few views. However, maybe the kind people of reddit can help me out a little more? Hope you're all having a lovely relaxing Sunday. To note: I am a novice when it comes to editing and video making (so bear with me), however, I would be more than honoured if some of you gave a brother a chance to see what content I have in store. While I love my memes, effects and music to fluff a video, I do tend to prefer commentary do the talking and personality to shine through. Hopefully, some of you think the same and like the more organic video style that I am adopting. I've done an Ireland Playthrough, currently on a Viking playthrough why not consider checking them out!

    Do let me know what you guys think! I'll take any feedback I can, good or bad!

    Many thanks guys,

    Dúnlaib.

    submitted by /u/Dunlaib
    [link] [comments]

    Adb Shams ibn Abd being a muslim before it was cool: Electric Boogaloo

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:48 AM PDT

    "Don't let your limitations stop you from achieving your dreams." - Eunuch Wife Banger, King Chichayka

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment