• Breaking News

    Friday, November 27, 2020

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : November 27 2020

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : November 27 2020


    Feudal Friday : November 27 2020

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:08 AM PST

    Welcome to another Feudal Friday, a place for you to regale the courts of Europa with your tales. Stories, screenshots and achievements are all welcome.


    Previous Feudal Fridays

    Current Tutorial Tuesdays

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "Hello, Potion Seller, I am going into battle and I want your strongest potions."

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Behold the power of murder and offer vassalization - 524 counties in 50 years without declaring a single war

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:09 AM PST

    IT IS I! DIO!!!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:29 AM PST

    "Larian isn’t mad, just disappointed"... meanwhile in Paradox land. BG3 vs CK3 character designer.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:22 AM PST

    When the king does it, that means that it is not illegal

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:40 AM PST

    Why watch The Crown when you can play it?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 08:13 PM PST

    It’d be really cool to have more mechanisms for trying to destabilise other realms

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 04:35 AM PST

    I know CK2 had a bit of this via using your chancellor to sow discontent among vassals, but right now in CK3 it feels like the only way to try to weaken other rulers is by direct warfare/conquest which sells short the real-politik potential of the game.

    Historically disgruntled subjects would very often get foreign powers who also hated their liege to help in wars - it'd be cool if there was some similar mechanic (even if it's just indirect stuff like giving funds for mercs). I think this'd also make realm management for players more interesting too as it'd mean unhappy vassals could potentially be more dangerous. Maybe something like tiered unhappiness in vassals: if you piss them off a bit they form regular factions but if they're super upset/you're being really tyrannical then they can start appealing to outside help?

    submitted by /u/blablatrooper
    [link] [comments]

    I managed to create Ireland for the first time, only 30 hours in the game. I have no idea what I’m doing lol, now my vassals are tearing the kingdom apart

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:52 AM PST

    Behold! The Crusader Queen!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 04:48 AM PST

    My attempt at Lubdan the Leprechaun (from the Leprechaun movies)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:32 AM PST

    Managed to become independent and form Greece

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:05 PM PST

    A viking that resided in the county below Brittany conquered the Kingdom of East Francia three years into the game

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:49 AM PST

    My attempt at Thanos

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:54 AM PST

    Yeah, I get it... you REALLY want the crown.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:08 AM PST

    M'lord, I have something to confess...

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:47 AM PST

    You may not like it, but this is the British Isles true form.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 07:01 AM PST

    Raiding is much harder after the update

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:31 AM PST

    I've only used Jarl Haesteining (except for the tutorial) as a start. I used to raid west Francia all the time, noticing their armies just watching me as I raid their baronies. Now, I can't raid the barony right next to my border without an army of 1000 coming for my head. Sometimes I win the battles, but usually I'm too slow to get away and they get my loot. It's more realistic this way, tbh.

    submitted by /u/MichaelBoardman
    [link] [comments]

    Big Basileus Theorem

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:53 PM PST

    Recreating your own family history.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 05:28 AM PST

    Anyone tried this? Decided I'd have a pop at trying to recreate my own family history. My family name is a Scottish clan that can be traced back to some noble coming over in the Norman invasion and making his way north, eventually being granted land by the King of Scotland.

    So, I used the Ruler creator to set up in 867 as a Norse Catholic Count in the Normandy region. After many, many, many clicks I even managed to get a coat of arms similar to my actual family one.

    So far, 1st ruler has managed to create the Norman culture while his son has now managed to usurp the Duke of Normandy. The son's daughter, meanwhile, has managed to get a matrilineal marriage in Scotland and is now set to have the Clan name set up in Sutherland, meaning I've got the family name in Scotland about 200 years earlier than in reality. Albeit about 200 miles north of the actual family lands.

    Got to say, quite enjoying this. Adds a whole different slant and makes it a bit more personal and involving.

    submitted by /u/Normthebarman
    [link] [comments]

    CK3 tips for a noob?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Hi guys, recently picked up CK3 and loving it. I'm like 30 hours in and just barely getting to grips with how the game works and starting to develop some strategies. Still struggling to create the Kingdom of Ireland though, (doing the non-tutorial version where you start with a realistic amount of gold). Was hoping I could give a description of what I'm doing and what I've tried and get a feel for what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong and what else I could be doing.

    Before unpausing:

    Generally before unpausing, I'll first make sure my culture is working towards the Royal Prerogative innovation so later on I'll be able to easily assign vassals myself. Then get a wife who can cover my ruler's weak spots. He usually has low diplomacy, good martial and average stewardship so I usually take a wife with 15-20+ diplomacy. Then get my heir to take a similar wife but with a bit more emphasis on good inheritable qualities. I only marry other people off if I'm trying to find a skilled councilor or strong military alliance. For my ruler's perks, he normally has a boost to martial so if I'm planning a more offensive game I'll continue to level that. For a more defensive game I normally boost the gold or family traits.

    After unpausing:

    I'll then install a good council, trying to make sure everyone is at least 15 in their relevant skill (or choose a vassal if there's only 1-2 difference in the skill) and sway anyone that doesn't like me, starting with spymaster and bishop. If required in order to do this, I'll find unmarried female distant relatives or courtiers and find matrilineal marriages with talented men.

    From here I've tried 2 different approaches going forward:

    Offensive approach:

    Quickly build up an army and start fabricating claims. Attack whoever is weakest (of those where I have claims), restore control/stabilise area and rinse/repeat. All the while obviously making sure I have good relations with my vassals and court. This allowed me to take over large areas quickly in my first generation but meant I had a lot of vassals so when my ruler dies, my (petty) kingdom fractures into 2-3 pieces and if my heir happens to have bad relations with his brothers and vassals, it becomes very tricky.

    Defensive approach:

    Take 4 wives and lots of kids, take family/diplomacy perks and butter up my vassals, court and nearby rulers. Befriend and offer vassalage where possible, increase crown authority revoke titles from all vassals. Use kids to set up a great council. Develop areas, increase income and set up strong alliances.

    The hope is after a while I'll be overpowered and be able to just offer vassalage or fabricate claim and invade easily. The issue is that every time my ruler dies I need to start the long process of buttering everyone up and revoking their titles again so it's very slow paced and before I've gotten to the point of being overpowered, my neighbors make strong alliances and invade me.

    Thoughts/suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SlightlyIncandescent
    [link] [comments]

    Suni Pictland, I have no odea how this could happen, I'm hellenic greece

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 07:37 AM PST

    This guy if fighting against himself...

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:28 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment