• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 7, 2021

    Crusader Kings Is it me, or is CK3 a bit... easy?

    Crusader Kings Is it me, or is CK3 a bit... easy?


    Is it me, or is CK3 a bit... easy?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 02:50 AM PDT

    First off I just want to make a couple of things clear:

    1. This isn't a humblebrag post. I have literally only just started playing and don't even have all the mechanics down yet. I am not by any means a good player, in fact I tend to roleplay rather than power-game.
    2. This isn't a complaint as such. I could easily be missing something, which is the point of this post, so maybe people can point it out if I am.

    I was very late to the party with Crusader Kings. I picked up CK2 when they gave it away for free on Steam a couple of years ago and played it a bit. I remember my early games all went south pretty quickly. It took me several attempts to finally play a game where I even survived all the way through to the end date, let alone achieved anything meaningful. I think in my last game I started as the King of Scotland and by the end of the game I had conquered Ireland and some of England. I was quite proud of that.

    I didn't buy CK3 when it came out, but I did stay subscribed to the sub in the meantime and so saw what everyone was posting etc. I noticed there seemed to be a much higher proportion of posts where people had done the hard achievements like reforming the Roman Empire, or even had literally painted the entire map one colour than I was used to with CK2. But maybe that was just my imagination.

    I finally picked up the game last week and started to play and so far it seems... well, easy I guess. I didn't even start as a powerful leader, just some random Tengri count in the middle of Asia. And I am only about 50 years in, I am still on my first proper ruler, and I have already formed a large Kingdom and have far higher military strength than any of my neighbours. I was raided a bit in the very early game, but other than that nobody has really threatened me in any way, shape or form.

    Obviously there is a lot of stuff I haven't experienced yet. I remember in CK2, eventually the Mongols come and take over most of Asia, so maybe that will being my game to a premature end. Or maybe I will eventually be overpowered by a strong Feudal leader when I encounter one, as IIRC from CK2, Feudal realms start to really outmuscle Tribal ones in the midgame and becoming Feudal as Tengri seems like it will take a very long time. Or maybe I have just got super-lucky in a way I don't really understand and regression to the mean will eventually hit hard.

    What are other people's experiences? How do people rate the difficulty compared to CK2 or other similar games, and how does that affect your enjoyment.

    submitted by /u/PiemasterUK
    [link] [comments]

    My character got pregnant a day after i embraced celibacy

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 05:10 AM PDT

    Working miracles since the day I was born

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    Story of my heir and some particularly persistent vassal

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    Should I dissolve my empire and create kingdom titles to give them to my dinasty?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    How terrifying!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    Over a Marriage i managed to inherit the Kasillien Empire, i dont know how i achieved it, its my first time but im more than grateful

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    Charlemagne hates him! Learn how he "peacefully" created the most powerful empire on the planet 5-6 years after game start! (explanation in the comments)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    Finally got the achievement I've been striving for!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Oh no! Anyways...

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Got the Muslim Russia achievement in under 100 years! :D

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 10:12 PM PDT

    Just when I thought that the border gore could not get any worse

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Yesterday I finally managed to learn to play ck3 and managed to declare my independence

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Ladies and Gentlemen. We sacked Constantinople.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Why don't i get renown from my Kings that are from my Dynasty ?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Wow what a nice Byzantine Empire...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    I made myself, in all my hot mess glory

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    Seems like the Devil bestowed this man with more traits than God himself...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Apparently my spouse can give people shrewd trait.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    I want to get Into this game so badly, but every time I try, I end up getting overwhelmed and confused.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    Like the title says. Im planning on trying again. Are there any tips for newbies to get acclamated without getting overwhelmed?

    submitted by /u/CodyShane13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment