• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 9, 2021

    Crusader Kings I am the female Sunni Caliph and I just had sex with the pope.

    Crusader Kings I am the female Sunni Caliph and I just had sex with the pope.


    I am the female Sunni Caliph and I just had sex with the pope.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    Hey Africa how yo... what the?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    How on earth did you manage this?!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    "My Lord Sultan, do you remember who released that song "Mamma Mia" again?"

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    So a catholic holy order can have an insular leader?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    I can never get myself to play CK in a meta way

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    I know it's a meme in the community to have your wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, and aunt be the same person, but I just can't get myself to mess with my family in that way.

    It might sound kinda weird, but in a way, I get emotionally attached to the family I'm playing as. That's *my family* if that makes sense. I can't get myself to marry my 16 y/o daughter off to the 40 y/o King of Bohemia even though it would make a very beneficial alliance. When my wife or my son dies, unless they really sucked, I genuinely get a little sad.

    The opposite is true too. when a child or grandchild is born, or when my character gets married, I feel great (unless I have confederate partition) and try to get them to all love each other. I'll pay special attention to them and even let my character get stressed just so that they can be good and happy

    And if I ever find out who was responsible for killing one of my close dynasty members, I show no mercy. one time some Spanish Count killed my Grandkid and I went out of my way to ensure his entire bloodline ended just for that.

    is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Homerius786
    [link] [comments]

    So many CK2 vs CK3 posts :(

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    I'm a relatively new(ish) player; played about 600 hours so far over the last few months and absolutely loving the experience. I saw all the posts about how 'CK3 still lacks so much content and depth compared to CK2' (something I wouldn't know, never having played the prequel) and, seeing that the base game + full DLC subscription was $5 on Steam, finally got around to playing CK2 a few days ago. Frankly, I found the interface/UIUX quite difficult to navigate despite all my hours in CK3, preferred some things here and disliked some things there, but I did get a cursory grasp on the variety of the game's content and understood how immersive it could be, despite my lack of hours in the game.

    That being said, I think we can all agree to disagree and say that the two are different games with very different dev goals and ambitions, and while, they are two games in one series, they don't necessarily have to always implement the same systems, the same game mechanics - something that a lot of people seem to implicitly presume upon comparing CK 2 and 3. Unpopular opinion maybe, but we can like two things at once! I return to this reddit quite regularly for the interesting perspectives, playstyles, screenshots, and memes, but it makes me sad that what starts or could have started as a mere opinion/preference posts often blows out into bitter, almost accusatory arguments about what is "better" (not "different"). Well, guess that's the Internet for you, but still wanted to get it out there :/

    submitted by /u/eaturginseng
    [link] [comments]

    Hold on a minute

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    Why does this look like my daughter's husband did this ? ;-;

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    I created the Kingdom of Sweden as omeone who doesnt have much experience with CK so I'm somewhat proud and thought id share it with you!!!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    Won the crusade, imprisoned and sacrificed the pope and probably caused another crusade by doing so xD

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    Res Publica - Dev Diary 2: Flavor

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    Res Publica - Dev Diary 2: Flavor

    Hello everyone! It's time for the second dev diary for Res Publica's upcoming Vive la Révolution update. During this dev diary I'll be showing off some flavor I'm adding to the update.

    First off, I've added some new innovations to the game. These help add some unique flavor and possibilities to your gameplay.

    https://preview.redd.it/ybphdxs1sfs71.png?width=379&format=png&auto=webp&s=1ac5c36fb3c667fa1f90e3c1d0f418f3fbaaa8eb

    The Republican Ideals innovation unlocks the Convert to Republic decision. Because of it taking time to unlock, I've also made the decision far easier to use once you have the innovation.

    https://preview.redd.it/u7xxddwjsfs71.png?width=380&format=png&auto=webp&s=363c95dd2350e26e30a4394a803e1f1c52143ca7

    The Parliamentary Republics innovation is a Late Medieval innovation that unlocks Parliamentary republics. Without it, you can only convert/reform to a Senate, Council, or Elected Ruler government.

    There are also two cultural innovations for republics:

    https://preview.redd.it/0jeftuc6tfs71.png?width=378&format=png&auto=webp&s=e5d76a44ff7774501b732eaef901167bae9e3e93

    Italian cultures have the Maritime Republics innovation in the Tribal Era, allowing them to convert to republics earlier than anyone else in the world. This replaces Republican Ideals for them, and is already unlocked in the 1066 start.

    https://preview.redd.it/7tq3easmtfs71.png?width=377&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff334b596ebd27b85843440df292e37134f247c5

    The English culture has the English Parliament innovation, replacing Parliamentary Republics. There isn't a lot to say about it, since it's a pretty basic decision.

    ___

    Now onto decisions. There are two new decisions and one major decision that has been edited from Vanilla.

    https://preview.redd.it/jjiw7hvgufs71.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=55c0069ede6e6054140b475e24ddbe427abaf1dd

    First off is the Sicilian Parliament. This was suggested to me a couple of times and I finally decided to go for it and make the decision turn you into a Parliamentary republic. It's a fairly simple edit, just adds some more flavor.

    Think Venice, Florence, Pisa, Genoa, etc.

    The new Found Italian City-State decision is available once you have the Maritime Republics innovation discovered. It allows duchy or kingdom level feudal rulers with a small realm to create their own Italian City-state. The ai is also heavily weighted to take the decision, so you can expect small realms in Italy to often form their own republics.

    ___

    The final decision gets its own part in the Dev Diary

    https://preview.redd.it/iyvhvx4bvfs71.png?width=410&format=png&auto=webp&s=cf14473a193323ccad3a8378a56a9e4b7a8381a6

    The Magna Carta is probably the most famous document in history, so of course I had to include it in the update. Vassals in England after the year 1150 (Note: the AI will not demand it until 1250 or later) can demand the Magna Carta if crown authority is above the base level and the ruler is either craven, arbitrary, arrogant, bankrupt, or has less than 1000 prestige. The decision will send a demand to the king, asking him to either accept the Magna Carta or go to war with them.

    He seems resigned to the inevitable, doesn't he

    The king can either accept the Magna Carta or refuse. If they accept, the realm will convert to a Parliamentary republic, while if they refuse, the vassal demanding it as well as several others who support the document will start an independence war. Accepting the Magna Carta will also unlock the English Parliament innovation

    submitted by /u/Ghost-in-the-System
    [link] [comments]

    What area should the next flavor pack focus on?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    Apologies if someone's preferred option isn't here, there are only so many options a poll can have, but feel free to share them in the comments!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AudioOfMan
    [link] [comments]

    What a couple

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    My proudest eugenics achievement

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 05:24 AM PDT

    I saw the post by the guy who inherited France as Eire and started reading the comments. God I forgot how unfriendly CK2 was

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    I mean, separate ships to transfer your armies, no disinheriting and no renown, armies marching through the whole map.

    If loving CK3 is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

    P.S. although it still needs a lot of cut content from CK2's DLCs. And more economics, pretty please.

    submitted by /u/The_Old_Shrike
    [link] [comments]

    game whyy

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    I see your Rurik and raise you my Ragnarr

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    The sun (almost) never sets on the Turg Empire. My first 867-1453 run ever, starting as the humble Duke of Pagan, I conquered most of the world in Ironman mode.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    From the makers of "Basileus Waluigi", ladies and gentlemen I present you "High King Wario" in all his splendor

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    YOOO I GOT EGYPT AS THE COUNT OF ISTRIA

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment