• Breaking News

    Friday, August 13, 2021

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : August 13 2021

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : August 13 2021


    Feudal Friday : August 13 2021

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to another Feudal Friday, a place for you to regale the courts of Europa with your tales. Stories, screenshots and achievements are all welcome.

    Previous Feudal Fridays

    Current Tutorial Tuesdays

    Regale us of your tales on our Discord

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I will always love you for your honesty, even though you are an idiot

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    It is a bold plan, let's see how it works out for him.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    But can we blame them?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    What if: Empires were not implicitly permanent

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    I'm in the middle of an Mongol Empire playthough from the 800s start, and managed to get to the point where I could become the Great Khan. After doing that (and reforming Tengri), I decided to shake things up by switching to my beneficiary after a great holy war, leaving the Mongol Empire to the AI.

    Predictably, when my previous player character died, the Mongol Empire shattered into a million pieces within a couple years, with barely any sizeable kingdom remaining in the aftermath.

    It got me thinking though. The real life Mongol Empire broke up into a number of smaller, but individually significant states ruled by his sons. This is supposed to be represented by the confederate partition inheritance, but it seems that, in practice, confederate partition never ends up producing a situation like the real-life post-Ogedei Hordes/Khanates. Instead, the primary heir ends up with an area of land way too large to maintain, which immediately fractures into 100 individual duchies or counties. This isn't unique to Tribal governments either.

    My specific idea is that, by default, Empire titles would not be inherited (at least in confederate partition), and instead the empire would be divided amongst the existing and/or formable Kingdoms currently within it. The heirs of the emperor would then inherent those in whatever priority order partitioning usually takes. This would theoretically result in more stable states as successors to the empire, rather than the patchwork of counties and duchies that usually emerge after the inevitable independence wars. This also means that it could be a new mechanic (probably a cultural innovation) to make Empires inheritable.

    I imagine the big issue with this is that the Emperor doesn't necessarily hold any counties within each realm he may be King over, which complicates the mechanics of how un-landed Sons could inherit the relevant Kingdoms. There could be some mechanic to manually assign land and kingdoms to sons prior to death, not unlike what used to happen in real life.

    In any case, I'm just thinking of ways to make post-Empire regions a bit more compelling. I'm consistently disappointed when a newly formed Empire falls immediately after succession, and there is practically no sign that it ever existed within a single lifetime.

    submitted by /u/ytsejamajesty
    [link] [comments]

    HRE is unplayable... every game I randomly get voted Emporer

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:02 AM PDT

    I just wanted a chill game and form the archduchy of Austria as the Babenbergs.

    Turns out because my son has 2 pious traits that everyone thinks he will be perfect as the emporer.

    So now I basicly got an Empire for free and the game got borring really fast.

    Same happend to me in my switzerland game.. The electors must be on crack or something.

    They should change the voting more like EU4 handles it, and focus more on important dynastys and not on a random son that has 2 virtous traits..

    submitted by /u/Hakuohsama
    [link] [comments]

    Abrahamic Religions Tier List

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    I'd love a Dynasty map mode

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    I'm nearing the end of a pretty long and conquest-heavy campaign, and I'd love to see the map reflect the extent of my pretty big dynasty. Problem is, the dozens of cadet houses I have don't always have names that rattach them to the main branch, so the House map mode isn't very useful for that.

    I guess it wouldn't necessarily be super useful in gameplay terms, but even if it's just as a "flavour" addition, it would be pretty nice.

    submitted by /u/Slaav
    [link] [comments]

    There is clearly a pet bias over at paradox

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Starting player character almost became a teen twice!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 04:29 AM PDT

    Recently posted on r/neckbeardthings about my character, thought I could show some of the things this incel of the Neckbeard dynasty did. It didn't go well

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    Bug? Playing as Merchant Republic and says game over after "inconclusive peasant revolt"

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    Idrisid Morocco is brutal

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I wanted to play a quiet turtle campaign. I chose Idrisid emir of Fez because it is very defensible and he has the Sayyid trait. Which I think is badass and super for medieval RP. But man is it brutal down there! The top liege is worthless, so much so I think it's broken. He never marries, I mean just will not get an ally, to literally save his life. The dev is good 8's and 10's, but it just doesn't produce income. Converted both religion and culture in all my counties, but 3.5G as my monthly income, with a stewardship focused ruler. Finally I secured the kingdom rank, and took Marrakech, but was still struggling. Allies and courtier are garbage tier. Rebels are non stop (this is fun, as I like to chain together stack wipes in one march), neighbors are comparatively swole, heretical religion make relations tough. Just an all around slug fest. It is a nice change of pace from playing on cruise control in Euro or Levant, but it's also daunting. Has anyone else played in the region? What was your experience?

    submitted by /u/boceephus
    [link] [comments]

    About to form the empire of Britannia having started with Dubhlinn (1066)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:12 AM PDT

    Everything in the North Sea, Nothing Outside the North Sea, Nothing Against the North Sea

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    "For the love of God, Montresor!" "Yes," I said, "for the love of God!"

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    Kid who I am at war with wants to invite my daughter over.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    so i made another wikibox, a more detailed and with higher resolution

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    Wow, I have never saw the Ai to form Finland on its own.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    Everything.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    Stay out of the gold, kid!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    Terrified Vassals leading Faction?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    How to mod CK3 AI to be more aggressive?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    So the AI doesn't declare war as often as I'd like. If I wanted to change that, how would I go about it?

    In Stellaris, I'd have something like AI_AGGRESSIVENESS_BASE in the defines, which I could edit to achieve my desired result.

    Is there something like this in CK3 as well?

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Kurayken
    [link] [comments]

    I feel bad bullying the AI like this

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment