• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 25, 2021

    Crusader Kings "Clothes are for the weak, my liege."

    Crusader Kings "Clothes are for the weak, my liege."


    "Clothes are for the weak, my liege."

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    Formed the Empire of Carthage in 1000AD!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Did i just get a shrek referance as an encounter in ck3...

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    The bully

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    The DOOKER

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    First World Conquest

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    I recreated the Hohenstaufen dynasty ruling over the Holy Roman Empire and the Kingdom of Sicily

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    Are factions ruining this game for anyone else?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    I've been playing a lot of CK3 lately, but I've finally had it with the faction mechanics in this game (specifically and almost exclusively the claimant factions). Every time my ruler dies, there is always, ALWAYS a claimant faction to install a sibling, uncle, or distant relative over my chosen heir, even if the heir is wildly popular, trained his whole life in diplomacy and friendly with everyone, and the replacement candidate is a complete shithead that everyone hates. And before you say "oh just kill a bunch of prisoners and raise your dread", I have, it only works roughly half of the time (even at 100 dread!!!) and it shouldn't be a necessity to have to store nearly 30 prisoners like livestock only to kill them all and still have to shell out my entire treasury to buy several armies of mercenaries when my vassals decide 100 dread just isn't threatening enough to stop them from choosing a drooling rapist to replace my heir as king. Befriending doesn't work because there simply isn't enough time between the new heir taking the throne and the near-instantaneous formation of the claimant faction to befriend or murder each and every claimant-faction-supporting vassal, and bribes are worthless because claimant faction supporters will routinely stay inside factions even at 80+ opinion of my heir. Dread doesn't work, befriending doesn't work, disinheriting doesn't work, murder doesn't work, bribes don't work, and I'm sick of spending thousands of gold on mercenaries for civil wars just to lose anyway despite running the cleanest, neatest, tightest fucking ship of a kingdom for an entire lifetime just to have my vassals (all of who have normal or low feudal obligations) choose my heir's drunkard, pagan, incestuous, murderer uncle to replace him as king. I'm sick of it. Is anyone else having this experience? It's making this game nigh unplayable, and honestly, I've got to know if it's just me. I want to enjoy this game so bad but I just can't when it plays like this. Anyone else feeling this? Catch me playing Stellaris for the foreseeable future, because this is unbearable.

    (It seems like everything I've read on this subreddit suggests people struggle the most with independence factions, and while I've had my fair share of those, I can always defuse them with diplomacy since that seems to be the S tier lifestyle for this game. I've also scythed down my fair share of populist factions and peasant rabbles, which are just minor nuisances. But good diplomacy and clever management just isn't fast enough to stop claimant factions, which start immediately upon ruler death and detonate within 6-8 months, which isn't even enough time to finish a single befriend scheme, much less a murder scheme).

    submitted by /u/np190
    [link] [comments]

    Huh?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Just a normal Abbasid Empire. Oh wait...

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    hmm today I remove myself from succession

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    Me leaving my domain catholic for jizya while my vassals convert the rest of the realm to Islam

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    >I have secret information, but you owe me >Ok what is it? >I screwed your niece lmao get owned, now you me a favour

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    Really loves her family

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 12:29 AM PDT

    Europe fell into religious chaos right after the Karlings in Northern Germany fell out of power and I have no idea why.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    Hmmm, I distinctly remember the Byzantines being a thing a few years back

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    Had to do it to him.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    Took a few tries but with good RNG + Medicine focus I was able to become a viking Raj with Hæsteinn

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    95 yeard old Hellenic Spartan Despot

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    95 yeard old Hellenic Spartan Despot

    By far the oldest character I've ever had, started with a custom so kinda cheating but oh well. Also made him hellenic on the Island of Krete just swore fealty to the Byzantine Empire with title revocation protected and you're free to spread the true religion of rome :)

    https://preview.redd.it/7an781x2bhj71.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=216d8e38b0e66ef2d402743d3df4cd1d6b967ed1

    submitted by /u/LopsidedReference305
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between all of the partitions?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    Of the 400 hours I have in ck3 I never understood the differences of the portions. It'd be much appreciated if you guys could enlighten me.

    submitted by /u/pheonix167890753
    [link] [comments]

    Habsburgs being Habsburgs

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    How do I increase scheme power for murder

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    I (superduke of Ulster, Deheubarth, and Cornwall) want to... deal with the Duke of Wessex, since he's a superduke, one of the largest armies in the British Isles, and breathing down my neck. Thankfully, he has multiple sons, so once he dies, Wessex will be split thanks to confederate partitioning, but I'm a possible target for a holy war (Catholic vs Reformed Insular) and want to hasten his death.

    Any advice for how to get the scheme power up from 7%?

    EDIT: Also, I'm not entirely sure if I'm using "superduke" correctly. Hopefully the context is clear, that we're both independent dukes with multiple duchies

    submitted by /u/RazarTuk
    [link] [comments]

    Why were my levies so low?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    I inherited the kingdom of italy. Im not even sure how as I didnt think I was the heir. As soon as I inherited my levy size was 5k. It immediately went down to 1k. Then I had a revolt for the italian crown. I had 25 vassals, without being over demense or vassal limit. Why were they so low?

    submitted by /u/wherearethey108
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment