• Breaking News

    Friday, September 4, 2020

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : September 04 2020

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : September 04 2020


    Feudal Friday : September 04 2020

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Welcome to another Feudal Friday, a place for you to regale the courts of Europa with your tales. Stories, screenshots and achievements are all welcome.


    Previous Feudal Fridays

    Current Tutorial Tuesdays

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Legend

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Paradox no matter what, don’t sacrifice RPG elements to appease a min-max players.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm really loving CK3. I'm actually looking forward to future DLCs, never thought I'd say that. By far paradox's best launch.

    My favorite improvement has been to the trait and stress system. It really encourages roleplaying and I love the stories it creates. I love having my wise learned but zealous king having to balance his pursuit for knowledge with his devotion to the church. I love having my ruler gaining the wrathful trait and being a more harsh and severe man.

    I loved having a generous king who was also a midas touch, a man who could earn insane amounts of money and was also quite lax with it.

    Recently, a lot of complaints have been from min/max players trying to create tier lists for traits, and complaining about how certain flaws about their characters are sub-optimal. No disrespect, but this isn't EU4. This also isn't a shallow rpg that is more a number crunching calculator than a proper "role playing" game like so many others.

    This is crusader kings, a near perfect blend of the grand strategy and RPG genre.

    I know you devs lurk here. Please don't throw us RPG players to the wolves to appease min/max style players.

    submitted by /u/Duke_Victor
    [link] [comments]

    Who am I supposed to believe?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I really love this game

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    My character and her dwarf husband had a BIG mistake.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    You’ve probably been cucked

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I was a couple hours into my fourth game of CK3 when I decided to turn on debug mode in one of my games to play around with the portrait editor. While doing so, I moused over one of my sons and noticed that his father was actually one of my vassals. Bit funny, but no problem — he's fifth in line to the crown. Just to check, I mouse over my heir as well — turns out his father was the Doge of Venice. In fact, turns out all but two of my ten kids were secretly fathered by someone else.

    Okay, okay. I'm only 44, I still have time to father a legitimate heir.

    That's when I moused over myself. Turns out my father was cucked too. I'm the son of the last Doge of Venice. My other brothers died young, and my sister is a possessed drunk with venereal disease, so she's not likely to have kids anytime soon. My house is effectively no longer descended from it's founder at all.

    Long story short: you're probably cucked and will never know. Don't turn on debug mode unless you want to see some terrible truths.

    submitted by /u/MadHopper
    [link] [comments]

    I learned this when my firstborn told me his mother was a hoe and he's not my real son

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Kidnapping is the best way to spread your religion.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    While playing as the Ethopian Jews I had gone fully down the schemer lifestyle tree and wanted to play around with kidnapping. I managed to successfully nab the Sultan of Egypt and was trying to think of what to do with him when I realized that you can demand conversion in exchange for release. So I did and now Egypt is Jewish. He's converted several of his vassals and has actually become a useful ally, as well as converting several of the holy sites getting me those sweet bonuses.

    submitted by /u/theflyingcheese
    [link] [comments]

    5'11 vs 6'0

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Does the success of CK3's launch make anyone else suuuper happy?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    CK3 has had a phenomenal launch, and the general consensus seems to be that the game is solid. Seeing the flood of memes, stories, and discussions just makes me really happy. This subreddit is in a really positive place at the moment, with tons of hilarious stuff being shared and what seems to be many newcomers to the series. Kind of a weird post, but seeing the community explode with so many positive things like this just puts a smile on my face. I'm really looking forward to the growth of this game!

    submitted by /u/Ssn0wman
    [link] [comments]

    I see your 835 Dynasty members and raise my 2325

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    Crusader Kings in Middle-earth. Announcing LotR: Realms in Exile for CK3. We have a map, and a team. And are looking for people to share in our adventures.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Are we going to talk about how amazing the loading screens are in ck3?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    To the devs who look on this sub, way to fuckin go

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    This game is everything i had hoped it would be. Great launch.

    submitted by /u/jacobd70
    [link] [comments]

    Ah yes, how could I forget about the legendary realm of "Ü"

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    Yes, there is a comet event. Thank you Paradox for the consistency

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I underestimated CK3 as a story generator. Someone murdered 4 of my husbands. When I finally track them down, it's my evil twin who is in love with me.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    I don't see what that has anything to do with this

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    One day!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    It's... it's hideous... I'm sorry...

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    A list of tips for CK3 in no particular order

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Disclaimer: I'm currently sitting on 18 hours of playtime, and I'm still only midway through my first playthrough.

    1. Siege Weapons - I cannot stress this enough: Siege Weaponry MAA regiments are OP right now. Having just 10 onagers in your army cuts months (plural) off of siege times. With the increased map granularity, and the ability to board ships from anywhere, it's easy for the AI to just dodge your army if they don't want a fight. If you're sieging at two to three times their pace, the AI will spend most of it's time trying to unsiege it's own stuff, especially his capital. I currently have 90 mangonels in my army, and average siege time is under a month.
    2. Perk CB's - Many CB's are locked behind lifestyle perks with only a 2-3 point investment. If you're on your first ruler, I highly recommend Ducal Conquest and Forced Vassalization, which are both in the Diplomacy lifestyle, and allow you to rapidly expand without spending gold and time on claims.
    3. 'Multi-Classing" - There are a number of very powerful lifestyle perks at the start of lifestyle trees that require no prior investment to obtain. Don't be afraid to bounce around between lifestyles regularly. In my experience they lifestyle traits are nice, but they aren't gamechangers. Generally it's worth putting off completing one tree until you have all the low level perks you want.
    4. Secret Hunting - If you are a vassal, the best place to hunt for secrets is in your liege's court. They will almost certainly have 1 or more powerful vassals present as councilors as well as the top liege himself. If at first your spymaster comes up empty handed, don't give up right away, your chances of finding a secret are kind of middling unless you have a really good spymaster. That said, in the first few years, it might not be worth hunting for secrets, as it does take some time for secrets to build up.
    5. Sway - You should pretty much constantly be using sway unless you're using a different personal scheme already. It's literally free opinion boosts. Good targets include you liege, your powerful vassals, your religious head, and your personal bishop. Be wary of using the Friendship personal scheme against people older than you, you will gain stress when they die.
    6. Hostile Scheme Cooldowns - Unlike in CK2, cancelling a hostile scheme isn't completely free. Once you cancel the scheme you will be unable to prepare hostile plots against your target for some time (5-10 years, I don't remember exactly).
    7. Elective Succession - Even in CK2, elective was probably the best succession available to feudal Catholics, and now that non-partition successions are out of reach until late game, this is more true than ever. Elective successions can be obtained for any duke level or higher title by spending 1.5k prestige (a hefty price, but probably worth it) using the add succession law option. And with hooks and dread freely available, you're essentially unlocking heir designation.
    8. Dread - Collecting dread makes everything easier. It's always useful to have a half dozen religious prisoners in your jail at all times. Whenever your dread gets low you can execute some prisoners with no consequences because they're the wrong religion. This is especially useful on succession for keeping everybody in check. During my Matilda run, Queen Matilda died right after winning a crusade, and had a dozen Muslim prisoners in the dungeon. Her son, King Arrigio started his reign by executing a handful of them. Nobody even created a faction during his reign.
    9. Piety - While prestige seems to accumulate pretty well during natural gameplay, you really do have to try in order to collect a decent amount of piety. It can be useful to start off a reign with Theology Focus for the +1 piety/m plus the occasional piety providing event. So far, GHW's and Pilgrimages seem to be the main bulk sources of piety.
    10. Set tooltip lock to on action - Seriously, the hover-delay system is great for the first 30 seconds, and then it gets old.

    It's almost 3 am now, so I'll call this list good for now. If anybody else has useful tips and tricks feel free to share below.

    EDIT:

    We have reached a more reasonable hour and I have returned. Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. I have affixed some of them below so people don't have to read through the comments, and I have credited those responsible.

    Re: "Multi-Classing" concerns - I'm a huge fan of CK3's new focus on actually roleplaying the characters. These tips are just meant to provide players coming into CK3 with some guidance so they can hit the ground running. Players are welcome to skip over any of these recommendations they feel mitigates their expirience.

    1. If you have a Heir you want to keep alive forbid him form being a knight. [This goes both ways, if you're trying to mitigate partition, you may be able to cull extraneous heirs by assigning them as knights.] (credit /u/CanadianJudo)
    2. [Don't] be afraid to use your Dynasty Renown. Disinherit is great when you're still locked in partition. Sure, you won't get dynasty perks as early as you could, but most perks will probably be unlocked later in the game once your dynasty grows and you get a much higher monthly gain. (credit /u/TheHavollHive)
    3. Whenever you die and you lose counties to your brothers, fabricate on them and you can revoke them tyranny free. [In my experience this can be kinda pricy, and pretty time consuming.] (credit /u/M1LQU3T045T)
    4. You can dismiss the banner popups at the top of the screen by right clicking... it's just kinda glitchy at the moment and sometimes clicks through the popup. [This also applies to the notifications on the right side of the screen, though these usually fade out fairly quickly anyways.] (cretit /u/Avohaj)
    5. Abduction is AMAZING right now, if you combine it with the Stewardship option where you claim your liege's throne. I just claimed my King's throne, abducted him, and started a faction in favor of me as a claimant. You can't declare war on him since he's your prisoner, but you can still have a faction in your favor, and can still send an ultimatum with no other supporters and no real military support (it's a player exception, bizzarely). Once he denies the ultimatum, you start the war at 100% warscore and can take the kingdom on day 0. (credit /u/elhinko)
    6. You can bait similar in size AI armies by removing your commander and reinstalling him when enemy is movement-locked. Or you can remove him constantly for some distraction. (credit /u/Arneot)
    7. If you're lucky enough to conclusively defeat a large enemy, don't end the war as soon as you get 100% warscore - siege down every holding in sight! You can make a ton of gold from looting and ransoming prisoners, especially if you have some siege weapons to make it go quicker (credit /u/standingfierce)
    8. Beware that on the screen where you prepare to declare war, the game does NOT give you any warning if your potential allies will be unable to join the war (because they're vassals of or allied to the target, for example). It may tell you your enemy is of inferior military strength because it's including the strength of your allies, when in fact some of those allies may be useless and the war might be unwinnable. (credit /u/standingfierce)
    submitted by /u/blaster_man
    [link] [comments]

    Still using the CK2 portrait rings for memes, because they I miss them

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    God. I love the dread system. I like love the stress system. I love CK3

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    The game is pure fun. I'm 31 years old, married, father, and I played yesterday for 5 hours. I can't stop thinking of what I'm gonna do next when I'm not playing.

    I really love the dread system. It lets me RP and it's pure fun. So nice to see consequences for my decisions and people are afraid of me or when I'm going against the personality of the characters (stress). It's just a great game.

    I do experience bugs here and there. Like, rulers don't lose opinion of me after I raided them. Or sometimes I cannot disband my soldiers.

    But it's just a matter of time until they'll fix all of that and add more content to the game. Only the thought of how this game is going to look like in one year from now gives me joy. I feel like a teenager again.

    submitted by /u/PaniCush
    [link] [comments]

    This simple pic has sent me into tears for like 10 minutes

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Jarl Auðr is not to messed with.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment