• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 16, 2021

    Crusader Kings What's 17 years ? I can make another one !

    Crusader Kings What's 17 years ? I can make another one !


    What's 17 years ? I can make another one !

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    Dad gone nuts, demanded everyone to be naked while being Asatru. Soon died. This is my new rule. Are you ready for this?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 04:43 AM PDT

    Anyone know if this is a legitimately named county? Google is failing me.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    After playing for 2 years on and off i finally managed to do this.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 04:39 AM PDT

    Me to my rebellious vassals after uniting them under my "genetically optimised" dynasty for their own good

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    Can AI create custom kingdoms?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    I mean I know the last king was popular, but this is just insulting.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    I'm reluctant to do business with this dynasty.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:08 PM PDT

    Possibly my most badass pair of brothers

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    The Tsarhas come unto his own Under mountain, under stone. Send him now into the deep, Unto earth, eternal sleep.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 05:20 AM PDT

    Custom Kingdoms/Empires should work like the Danelaw

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    For those of you who hasn't tried it yet, you can negotiate the Danelaw if you are an Anglo-Saxon or Norse duke in England. You split England in half, you getting one half and your counterpart the other. Then you have a tug of war of the duchies you conquer, making the de jure very dynamic.

    For Custom Kingdoms, you just create a new Kingdom, get de jure borders and then it stays there forever. I remember accidentally splitting the Kingdom in half this way when I tried to form my first Kingdom.

    When you create a custom Kingdom, you should take an opinion hit with the existing King. After all, you're splitting his realm in half. For the first century or so, de jure should be dynamic, like the Danelaw. Maybe you conquer all of the other Kingdom you just split in half, you can choose to keep your custom Kingdom, or destroy it in favor for the historical one. If you should lose the Kingdom title to someone who already hold a Kingdom title, it is destroyed.

    I haven't worked out how creating a Kingdom across several de jure Kingdoms should work, but this is my two cents to custom Kingdoms. Empires could work in the same way.

    submitted by /u/TheVebis
    [link] [comments]

    Ti's but a scratch

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Plus 5/Minus 5

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    The Northmen Invasion mechanic is utter trash.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    I'm so sick of these Northmen invasions, why?

    1. There's no possible way in history that a huge army of RAMBLE can assemble and attack me in a way where I get no warning. Don't even get me started on that "lightning raid" event.

    2. They scale to the player! Oh, so building my army is actually bad because the bigger my army, the bigger the Northmen armies, and the less likely my allies are going to be able to help me win. Nothing in this game should scale arbitrarily with the player. Those soldiers should come from somewhere!

    3. Finally, I kicked one Norse duke off his land, and every one of his descendants continuously calls one of these adventures on me every 5 years. I just got the 6th one in a row and finally just turned on debug mode and executed everyone in that entire house and their extended families because this is ridiculous. Not only because they're catholic and somehow still have the support of all this asatru Vikings, but because I kicked them out of Normandy, why are they coming for Brittany? I made them renounce their claims, how can they even call these wars?

    4. They don't make sense! They always come after me and I'm the strongest nation West of Byzantium by far. Again, apparently all the work I did to make my kingdom safe and secure means nothing because the Vikings just attack me anyway and automatically have enough troops to be a threat. What about basically undefended Flanders right next door? It's closer, it's just as rich, it's better land, it would be easier to take and better decision in everyway, so why does the AI attack me six times in a row?

    In summary: The mechanic punishes you for running a successful kingdom, it uses arbitrary, "false difficulty" to do so, there is no counter play because they come out of no where, lightning fast, it lacks logical motivation and therefore makes characters act in immersion-breaking and completely irrational ways, and finally, it's not fun. If you're going to have simulation-breaking, "gamey" mechanics in a game, they should be fun, not tedious and annoying.

    submitted by /u/Fuzzatron
    [link] [comments]

    What a coicidence. For those who don't know history, google "Council of Clermont"

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    Bug with Roman Empire's restoration

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Europe is border gore deluxe

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    It ain't much but this is my first time getting a character with 50 in a skill!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    Czechoslovakia buddy isn't this a bit early

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Just ruined a medieval Kingdoms economy for the next few generations lmao

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Three attempts later... Al-Andalus achievement done! I have no idea why I chose a 1066 start...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    First completed ck3 game after 450 hours. 10 66 start date.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    First week of playing

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment