• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 2, 2021

    Crusader Kings ... My son is my spy... which means he wanted to show off he could bang my wife/his mum

    Crusader Kings ... My son is my spy... which means he wanted to show off he could bang my wife/his mum


    ... My son is my spy... which means he wanted to show off he could bang my wife/his mum

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Kingdom of Mann and the Isles is ridiculous fun.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    I sense there's some irony in there

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    This is the most debt I've ever seen a character be in

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    Probably the ugliest vassal I ever had. But he got some decent stats

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 12:29 AM PDT

    I’ve never had this event before, it’s pretty awesome!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 05:09 AM PDT

    So both my Mom and Pop declared war on me for a county that I would eventually inherit.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    I posted a few weeks ago, gobsmacked about having 500 living members... this is how many I had before converting to EU4 with 200 years left on the timeline (1200AD almost precisely)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    IT JUST WORKS (Imperator To CK3 Save)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    A few ways to make Crusader Kings a truly immersive but more realistic roleplaying game.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I saw this post from u/maxvesper (https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/otk822/one_simple_rule_that_can_make_ck3_more/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf) and think he is on to something. Now, a lot of what I say will be regurgitating his post, but I hope more people can see this and MAYBE a modder or someone will be inspired.

    A long time ago, I made a post asking if there was a mod that allowed a Rome Total War style of map concealment. My reasoning was that the less the player knew about the world around him, the more engaging and rewarding the discovery of it would be. After reading the post linked above, I realize I only hit the tip of the iceberg. So much we do within this game is governed by x number is bigger than y number or x number has a greater chance of happening than y number. I question why we are being force fed all this information when a large portion of it makes the game unrealistic and easy. I want to step into the unknown and truly strategize my actions and stress over the consequences of what could happen if I fail. Does anyone here ever actually think you might lose a war or do you already know you won the war before you even clicked the button to go to war? Are you truly taking a risk when you press the button to assassinate your wife's father or do you already know there is a 97% chance you succeed in your treachery. Well, u/maxvesper and some of the comments inside that post did a pretty damn good job of coming up with ideas that could combat some of the gaminess that CK3 allows us to abuse. For those who rather not read through all of the above linked post and its comments, I will post some of the suggestions and ideas they had below.

    • Do not give us 100% accurate percentages of outcomes of different plots. Instead of having a 86% chance of success, make it say a High or moderate chance of success". Leave it intentionally vague so we have to take a bigger risk by performing the action or over-preparing by gaining more information/support first. Such as, bribing a few more people to join your plot since you don't know what the exact chances of success are.
    • The above point also goes for events that give you 100 gold vs 50 or one trait over another. Knowing the outcome of these events tends to make the game more numbers based and less character based.
    • Hide other rulers army sizes. This is probably the biggest change and could have an effect on AI behavior as well. Doing so will force us to make more alliances(be more political), snowball less, build more and prepare for the worst. You can take it a step further and hide other rulers stats so you don't know if your neighbor has a martial ability of 20. I will touch on this more in the next point.
    • Incorporate spies and information as a currency to allow us to gain more of the knowledge above. What if sending a spy to your neighbors country returned the information that his military was numbered in the 1k - 2k range but it didn't specify exactly how much. Having a better spy could narrow the range but all spies could give different numbers and they never knew for certain. It would also be cool if through political interaction you could learn a characters attributes/traits but you wouldn't know beforehand. If the game told me that Lisa and Becky both had high stewardess but not exactly how much, maybe I would have to romance one or the other to find out a little more about them before I make a decision in which one I marry. In the same theme, how should I know if Tim is marginally better at one council position than Jim. If all the game told me was that Tim and Jim both had a high stewardess but not who was better, then maybe I would appoint Jim because keeping him happy is more important than Tim having 3 more points in an attribute. I would not know his exact attributes until I appoint him and removing him already makes him unhappy. Having to interact with more people to deduce what council position suits who could open more doors for exciting outcomes. It also gives you something to do during peacetimes.
    • The above could go hand and hand with hiding traits until a certain age. No more killing babies because he is not a genius but your second born is. How would you know exactly what traits they had right when they come out. I have seen plenty smart kids grow up to be dumb and vice versa. This would also combat some of the incest meta as I couldn't betroth two people at such a young age due to traits.
    • Map exploration should work more like EU4 or Total War. How the fuck does my African King know who is ruling Russia? How the fuck do i know how strong the vikings are when I first start hearing of them. Keeping more stuff a mystery to be unlocked through events, innovations, and expeditions will keep the player in suspense. "If the vikings do come, how strong will they be? Will I have enough men to defend myself?" Having to ask yourself these questions and not knowing the answers would make every play through different. This could also be something done during peacetimes.

    Once again, I suggest reading the original post. I did get sidetracked with some personal ideas of mine in some of the points. All the suggestions seem like a lot but I honestly think it would add so much to the game and even just doing the bare minimum and making less numbers 100% accurate could change Crusader Kings in an awesome way. I would like to stress that all of this should of course be optional though. Post any more ideas you have. Maybe a modder will get inspired.

    submitted by /u/IsLivingWorthIt
    [link] [comments]

    [CK3] My attempt at creating the Timurid Empire

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    My proudest campaign

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    Karlings why, just why?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    the assasins ask me to start a plot against myself to collect the debt I own them

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    De Jure Capital should change over time

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    If you hold a duchy, kingdom, or empire, and don't rule from your De Jure Capital for long enough, your current capital should become the De Jure Capital. It's completely useless in gameplay but it would really help my perfectionist self when I try and form Norway with its capital at Oslo instead of that other place (Prandheimr?)

    submitted by /u/ARandomAnimeFanNo16
    [link] [comments]

    I have found the original land of Turks, in Crusader Kings 3

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    I have managed to revive Hellenism in just 126 years (Ironman, no ruler designer)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:11 AM PDT

    Only 25 coins for your own daughter? Oof.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    The Wikipedia box of one of the hardest and most important battles of my last campaign

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    Maybe the first time ever I see a Crusade target converted to Catholic in order to not die.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    Scottish pikes are OP. 50k Greeks are slaughtered in the outskirts of Constantinople even though we were outnumbered by 30k, while only sustaining 8k casualties on our side.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment