• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 21, 2021

    Crusader Kings But... They love me, right?

    Crusader Kings But... They love me, right?


    But... They love me, right?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    I forged my first bloodline, yeay!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    War of the Five Emperors (Wikibox)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    I finally solved the problem of Bosnia being Orthodox or Catholic

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    FINALLY GOT THE PERFECT HEIR!!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    Do ever just go "Damn, I really messed this dude's life up" when looking at all the negative modifiers for someone?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    How do you get the Far from Home achievement?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    Vows are awesome

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    I need custom kingdom name ideas please

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    So why can’t we direct allies to actually do things?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 04:43 AM PDT

    I'm fucking sick of calling in like an ally with 5000 men and these guys just standing around me besieging somewhere. Why can't I issue targets like in eu4? It's so inefficient, my wars would be completed so much quicker. And the amount of times I've been fucked by a war not finishing quickly enough. Seriously man, please can you add this paradox. It's not like coordinating war efforts didn't happen back then, because it did, nearly all the time.

    submitted by /u/Dean-Advocate665
    [link] [comments]

    My spouse has never romanced me before. It's interesting being on the receiving end for once.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    I don't think she's qualified

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    That was worrying. Thank god smallpox outbreaks aren't fatal.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Love is blind

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    Getting good genetics is too easy

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    I'm not sure about others but a huge part of the fun of CK2 for me was getting the ideal heir through a mix of focusing on good breeding for the genetic traits, focusing on getting a good education and then making sure succession worked out so that the ideal heir got on the throne. I played with open succession like 90% of the time and even with the huge pool of potential successors you still often got unlucky and might end up with an heir with no genetic traits. You always had to focus on keeping genetics good which also made it rewarding when you did get a good genius heir, and it made me care more about keeping them alive, maximising their traits and making sure they did well. Even when you'd got to the point in the game where the AI couldn't feasibly challenge you, it was still something to do and would keep me interested. In my entire time of playing the game I only got one character that was born genius/strong/attractive and that was only because their father had those traits through immortal cannibalism.

    In comparison in CK3 the combination of the Blood legacy path and the strengthen bloodline decision essentially means that unless I'm intentionally playing badly, after about 5 leaders maximum everyone in my dynasty is a genius, herculean, beautiful demigod. Because the genetic straits are so strong this also means that pretty quickly most leaders in the world that share my religion will also end up like this just because of obscure family members getting married off. It's pretty much impossible to lose these traits once you have them, and instead of prioritising some particularly good heir I'm just choosing out of dozens of perfect ones that I didn't even need to keep track of during their childhood or education for them to turn out so well. My late game of every single CK3 game I've played is just constantly dismissing messages of another family member having a genius, herculean, beautiful, fecund baby.

    Maybe others disagree but I feel like the ease with which this can be done and the impossibility of losing traits once you have them takes away one of the most fun parts of CK for me, and in particular makes the late game a lot more boring. The thing that sets CK apart from other grand strategy games is that you play as a character and as such creating and picking a good heir is a key part of the gameplay. Genetic traits in CK are so good that this is probably the most important part of that though the ease of getting and keeping these in CK3 means that it doesn't really feel like an achievement to get a really good heir (because everyone in your dynasty will eventually be great) and it isn't something you need to even pay attention to after you've gone down the blood legacy path and taken the strengthen bloodline decision. The joy of inviting some random genius lowborn to my court to marry my son even in the late game as the world's greatest power is forever lost.

    submitted by /u/zakalme
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing like family

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Weirdest looking little family i ever came across

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Got tired of the pope repeatedly crusading for "England" (don't know what that is, this is Alba) so I married a nudist old woman to a baby to pass the time

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    I suppose you could argue he just doesn't care

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    When you wanna lead the HRE but don't wanna deal with the elective system.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    5 personality traits???

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment