• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 17, 2021

    Crusader Kings Where In The World is Jarl Haesteinn? Part 2 Northern Lords Comparison (Infographic)

    Crusader Kings Where In The World is Jarl Haesteinn? Part 2 Northern Lords Comparison (Infographic)


    Where In The World is Jarl Haesteinn? Part 2 Northern Lords Comparison (Infographic)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    I am a mature adult with a mature sense of humor

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    After over 1000 hours of playing CK2, I have finally become immortal!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    Its all coming together

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    Two childhood traits?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    I've never been so offended in my life

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    The worst name placement

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Minor nitpick about divorce

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    It's not a huge issue with the game, but at least among the Catholics it's not really correct to "request a divorce" from the Pope. The Catholic Church has never, neither then nor now, approved of divorce. The correct term is an annulment, which basically states the marriage never happened because of some kind of technicality that the parties were unaware of at the wedding. If anything, I feel like this could be even better than divorce because it makes separating from your spouse more complex and interesting.

    For one, since the annulment nullifies that the marriage ever happened, you have to prove it was invalid in the first place. This means you can't just build up enough piety and then go to the Pope; you should have to also have a reason like incest or insanity (you have a common ancestor within x relations, one of you has the lunatic trait, etc.) and, if you have none, you should be able to set someone like your spymaster or chaplain to fabricate a reason (sort of like when you are fabricating a hook).

    Even more interestingly, since the marriage never happened, another consequence of the annulment could be that all the children from the union immediately get the bastard trait and are removed from the line of inheritance, so you have to either legitimize them or try for more kids with your next spouse. This will make the fallout even more complicated.

    I know this isn't a big deal, and divorce is a feature I rarely use in my games anyway, but I just feel like an annulment system sort of like the one I described would be both more immersive and realistic as well as more challenging and intricate to successful employ.

    submitted by /u/ArendtAnhaenger
    [link] [comments]

    "Hey, Henry's come to see us!"

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    Should i suspect something?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:44 PM PDT

    Ad I found on youtube, using images from ck2

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Why is it that when I wage a war on someone who has "inferior military" than me, they suddenly get triple the amount of soldiers?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    (CKIII)

    Hi, I am trying to get independence from my liege. My army of 2200 was bigger than hers, she had no allies, and after I declared war I hired 1400 mercenaries, and I had a lot more money than her. But when the war started my enemy armies totaled like 7k+ soldiers. She now has two allies (where did they come from?), but when I press the little war icon to show the progress, it says she only has 4k soldiers.

    How can I get a sense of how big the enemy's army is? This has happened a couple of times now when trying to go to war.

    submitted by /u/CreepyTarot
    [link] [comments]

    United the British Isles

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:14 AM PDT

    I think the pope's real scared of his new neighbor..

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    In terms of long-term stability, is better to have many weak vassals or just a few powerful ones?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    No matter what, by the late game, there always seem to be one or two vassals clamoring to be on the council, and I just can't seem to strike a balance.

    submitted by /u/baldu00
    [link] [comments]

    Update on "Failed Succession": Stronger than Ever

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    The Emperor Pope, Great Ruler of Imperial Church of Italia

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    HRE Populist Uprisings - What Gives?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    I decided to start a campaign as Duke of Austria, planning to build tall and focus on forming the Archduchy of Austria. Things were going great, I'd annexed neighboring duchies of Steychmark and Salzburg, and was nearing victory in a de jure war for the duchy of Carinthia. Suddenly, without any warning whatsoever, the Kingdom of Frisia pops into existence and takes with it 6 of my 8 counties, leaving me weaker than when I started the game 4 hours prior! What gives?!?! I checked the Kingdom title and it looks like Frisia was formed out of a populist uprising... so did my HRE liege just bow to a populist faction and give away all my lands to form Frisia? Without any option for me to refuse or fight for my independence? This was such a confusing, nonsensical and "unfun" way to end a campaign. I like the idea of playing as a vassal of a king or emperor, rather than just trying to paint the map, but I won't do it if this kind of stuff can wipe away an entire campaign without giving you, the player, any agency to intervene.

    submitted by /u/afracturedsmile
    [link] [comments]

    Wow i did something!! (Is this how i make a screenshot????????)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Follow-up to 3482 living Karlings, I present the Empire of Britannia on the eve of 1453.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    ok

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Eredar (Draenei) Portraits

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    Day 93 of posting a Celtic/Brythonic themed meme everyday until flavour pack.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment