• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 22, 2020

    Crusader Kings You underestimate my power!

    Crusader Kings You underestimate my power!


    You underestimate my power!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:02 AM PST

    Raised Runestone

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:55 AM PST

    This fills me with so much joy.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:15 PM PST

    The Golden Compass is mine now

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:41 AM PST

    Ahh. WHAT?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:45 AM PST

    This is the ideal form of government. You may not like it, but this is what peak empire looks like

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:49 AM PST

    Ah yes "joint Christian forces"

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:29 AM PST

    The Varangian Guard and their private endeavours (Doing what the sons of ragnar did not do)

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:50 AM PST

    Look at this one , I'm selling it (can not seem to edit flip the pic)

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Don't Patch It, Embrace It

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:14 AM PST

    This is Getting Out of Hand. Now There Are Two of Them!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Apparently if the Holy Roman Emperor inherits the Kingdom of France, he sets it as his primary title despite the Empire title being higher than a Kingdom.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:58 PM PST

    Who?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:25 AM PST

    cursed_india

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Uh

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:16 AM PST

    Wait, this doesn't seem right

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:59 PM PST

    Why whoud you do that?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:48 AM PST

    Ah yes, the famous Empire of e_dyn_reb_2846612

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:00 AM PST

    Possible Unpopular Opinion: Being raided is a good concept, but it kills the flow of the game.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:52 AM PST

    I'm currently in the 900s when the Viking Age takes off with the little prompt. I'm all for being raided and not having smooth sailing, but it completely kills the flow of the game having to pause every three seconds because a new 5000 raiding party shows up on your shores, especially when three or four pop up at once.

    Having to stop the game to raise levies, assign generals, and position troops - and likely having to chase the raiders - slows the actual game to a crawl. It honestly sometimes kills my mood to play.

    And my vassals are often completely useless. They have armies of 10K and do nothing to protect their own holdings. Just let the raiders come in and steal their stuff.

    submitted by /u/AffablyBrusque
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get an "F" for my man who instantly lost the war he just started?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Saracens, be prepared for a worthy opponent...

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:48 AM PST

    My character has gotten himself quite the nickname...

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:15 AM PST

    Seven things in real life that have changed and are clearly influenced by Crusader Kings. Since I realized I`m hopelessly addicted to this game...

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:50 AM PST

    Luckily I could convince my girlfriend two years ago to give Crusader Kings a try. She hates war games but she was very curious because she could play queens and that you can achieve more by skillful arranged marriages than by wars. Since then she´s also addicted an get a taste for to cut the heads off of captive children. But this is not the only change I could never have imagined.

    1) I bought the LexMA (International Encyclopedia for the Middle Ages), the Encyclopedia for Medieval Studies with over 30.000 articles from 3000 authors. Never thought I´d be interested. But I am, and the dictionary was worth every cent.

    2) I gave my girfriend a rubber axe for her birthday. Meanwhile she loves to play viking: plundering, duels, howl like a wolf and that stuff ( I think she plays CK2 too often).
    The good thing: sometimes I call her Sea Queen, she really likes it
    The bad thing: if anything doesn`t suit her she throws this stupid axe at me. This goddamn axe weighs 900 grams and hurts!

    3) Classical paintings have never interested me but now I´m a great friend of the works of the british painter Edmund Blair Leighton (1852-1922) and his medieval subjects. I bought two art prints"The Accolade" and "Godspeed" and sometimes sit in front of them for half an hour and can relax completely.

    4) We´ve already planned a culture trip to London to see the White Tower, built on the orders of William the Bastard (William the Conqueror) between 1066 and 1087. Of course we will also visit the Museum of London and the British Museum to see medieval treasures, the saxon and medieval collection and byzantine objects. (I want my artifacts!)

    5) I know the history of my country quite well from the 17th century onwards, but I knew nothing about it in the Middle Ages. When it did not even exist and countless nobles all fought each other.I usually prefer to read fantasy novels, you should know the history of your country, I thought to myself, and I really didn´t think I could change my culture any more. So I bought two interesting and instructive books and actually made up for it.

    6) During my little research for the London trip I found out by chance that in my country (germany) there are still 20.000 to 25.000 castles. Most of them are in ruins but then I dicovered Schönburg Castle in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Upper Middle Rhine Valley. This castle is a hotel and lots of people say, that Schönburg Castle built between 1100 and 1149 is the most beautiful castle throughout europe! Sometime around 1149 Herman von Stahleck murdered his rivalOtto II. von Rheineck at this castle because of his claim to the palatinate (county). There´s something familiar about this. The next but one small holiday is already planned.

    7) Yesterday I was invited to a little party and I was bored out of my mind. I thought about whether my friend might fuck his sister and what their kids would look like. A son with a hunchback?That was weird. I drank more to dispel those incestuous thoughts. But that didn´t work out and I kept thinking about my buddy fucking his sister (the way I do it in my current game).That was really weird and I´d like to forget it, but I just can´t.

    Maybe it´s time to stop playing Crusader Kings. My Sea Queen sometimes hits me with this goofy rubber axe and makes strange sounds that should probably be some kind of battle roar. And she really seems to like ambushing me with that fucking axe when I just get out of the shower.
    Maybe we´ve always been a little crazy.
    Maybe the american philosopher Elbert Green Hubbard was right when he said:
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
    But one thing is certain: CK2 has directed my interests to the Middle Ages.
    Maybe Crusader Kings is little bit more than just a computer game.

    submitted by /u/threefingerhobb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment