• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 8, 2019

    Crusader Kings Trust no one, not even yourself

    Crusader Kings Trust no one, not even yourself


    Trust no one, not even yourself

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:47 AM PST

    Byzantine Revolt Revolt

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:56 AM PST

    It's been one of those days.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:08 AM PST

    I shouldn't have Edited the disease code...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:21 AM PST

    Richard the Lionheart would get a stroke if he saw what had happened to his house

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:07 AM PST

    Blessed_Byzantine_Battlepope

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:31 AM PST

    In CK3, armies should be able to revolt.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:50 AM PST

    Why is is that I can raise an army of peasant levies who hate me, put my deceitful rival in charge, and still have them be totally loyal? IRL, many capable commanders have been passed over for less competent sycophants, to avoid a Caesar situation. I'd like to see a chance for a great general to try taking over the country occasionally, and more autonomy for armies in general. It makes no sense for me to directly control the movements of a crusading army while I rest in my palace. Maybe far away armies should act like allied armies, and just do their own thing led by the commander, after I give them a set of objectives. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/slimjimdick
    [link] [comments]

    No one expects the Swedish Inquisition.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:27 AM PST

    12 Years Before the Charlemagne Start Date, this Happened in China!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:33 PM PST

    Yes, lose a duel to a -51 personal combat. BTW my ruler has +120 combat

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:59 AM PST

    Meet the Kaiser

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:16 PM PST

    I wish I can also find Him like my undeserving murderous traitor character

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:45 AM PST

    Its happening boys, first time to see Aztec prompt

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:39 AM PST

    All I could think when watching the latest episode of Vinland Saga.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:31 AM PST

    Once more Crusader Kings proves that an Orgy is the most effective form of goverment, combined with bribery of course (My Husband used to be chancellor and altough alive and well can't be assigned)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:02 AM PST

    About to finish my first 7-century Ironman game. Tried to keep my HRE historically modest, but it got out of hand once the Alexander bloodline got going.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:39 AM PST

    So it begins!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:18 AM PST

    The game suddenly took a huge jump, what's my best course of action to keep control?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:16 AM PST

    Story time: total newbie here.

    After playing around with the learning campaign, I stated my own as an independent count in Northern Ireland (as everyone suggests that Ireland is a good start to learn the ropes of creating duchies and kingdoms).

    Got pretty lucky early on: I married someone off to a relative of the French king and then HE suggested to upgrade our non-aggression pact to a proper alliance (I wouldn't know how to propose that or if he'd even accept). That alliance made it easier to press my first fabricated claim on the neighbouring county. I only had about 900 in levies and my neighbour 800, so I figured if I tried to invade I would lose because of the defensive bonus. Instead, I could call the French to war and wait it out until the French fleet with 5000 troops arrived to bail me out, then join the invasion.

    With two counties, my levy numbers would be better suited to take on the next neighbouring county, so after I destabilized their court a bit (decreased vassal-liege opinion, killed marshal), I pressed another claim and got my third county.

    I was able to create my first duchy then and get the last county as a vassal. My next step would be to extend my realm southward.

    However, the pope had called for a crusade for Egypt, so naturally I joined. I was pretty confident in my military characters, so I figured I could earn some money with even a small contribution.

    I transported everyone (roughly 2000 troops) to the Nile delta and joined up with the largest friendly army... or so I thought. Instead of connecting my troops with theirs and seeing where they'd take me, all of them connected with me so I was suddenly in charge of roughly 14000 troops. Was that because they recognized my commanders' competence or something? Because they had some pretty amazing traits.

    Anyway, with this huge force, I became the top contributor for the crusade, and all of a sudden I was showered in money, prestige, piety and artifacts (Jesus' foreskin apparently?). My beneficiary was some random uncle, who is now king in Egypt. Meanwhile, I still only have one duchy to my name, so it's funny how that worked out.

    What's even funnier is that this uncle is homosexual and has no children, meaning when he dies, the kingdom of Egypt will be mine. I didn't plan for that to happen, although it seems like that would be a really clever move to inherit a crusader kingdom.

    It seems like a golden opportunity to try and kill this uncle now, but I don't want to be king of Egypt. This uncle has now married a 17-year old and has some bonuses to counter his fertility debuff, so I think I'll just wait it out and see if he can produce an heir before he kicks the bucket. If he does, great! My dynasty continues to gain prestige and I don't have to worry about mediterranean politics. If he doesn't, I will probably give the kingdom of Egypt away, but to whom?

    I just want to focus on taking over Ireland bit by bit, and the big cash and prestige rewards should help with that. I have already invested in upgrading my holdings and I can more easily hire mercenaries, so I'm sitting pretty there.

    Is it a bad idea to not claim Egypt for my own? Is it an even worse idea to give it away if I accidentally inherit it? I kind of want to check in on this uncle every now and then and see how his reign plays out, whether it goes well for him or really badly.

    Side note: is there a way to properly read the extremely large message boxes when you hover over them? I couldn't even see how much I contributed to the crusade while it was happening because there were too many contributing armies so the top lines of the message box would be cut off. Similarly, if I hover over the requirements for the commander title, the entire screen is filled and the top lines of the message box are off the screen.

    submitted by /u/the_gerund
    [link] [comments]

    Playing as a son of the Chinese Emperor

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:42 AM PST

    A few questions about the papal ‘request invasion’ casus belli

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:26 AM PST

    I (the humble queen of navarra) was baptised and crowned by the pope and therefore he will do basically anything I ask. After a couple of years of sending gifts and joining wars, I worked up enough opinion to request an invasion casus belli of the HRE. I currently have the CB but I want to get a few things straight:

    1. When does the CB expire? Is it when either me or the pope dies? Because I want to pump out as many daughters for alliances as possible and I don't want this golden opportunity to run out.

    2. It says that I will become the new Kaiser. I assume it will switch to 'emperor of HRE' since I am not German culture (castilian). Also, does this mean Navarra will become the new capital of the HRE or will I take Marburg (the current Kaiser's capital)

    3. I plan to have allies (France, England, Apulia etc.) do most of the heavy lifting. It says that if I use the CB, I will take all titles of occupied territories. Do the territories my allies occupy also go to me?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/TengwarStudent
    [link] [comments]

    CK2 as always

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:52 AM PST

    How do I destabilise large muslim states?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:13 AM PST

    I started a game as a southern italian count and I managed to become the King of Sicily when a crusade was called, I've been very lucky as I've had a string of genius kings all with stupid high martial and stewardship so I was sitting on a big pot of gold and a large army.

    A crusade was then called and I committed my whole army and bought a lot of mercenaries and went gallivanting around the middle east. We got lucky and the Muslim armies weren't grouped together when we all arrived so they were actually taken out and we won the crusade. Surprisingly I was the biggest contributor so I got the kingdom of Jerusalem and all was right and proper.

    My problem now is that Jerusalem is surrounded by the seljuks on one side and the fatimids on the other. Both have army sizes around 20k while mine is 15k and more than half of that is in Italy. No wars have broken out yet but they both hate me.

    Is there any clever way/tactic I could use to cause the 2 large empires near me to weaken, collapse or have their vassals become independent?

    submitted by /u/Wazgoing0n
    [link] [comments]

    Yeah, I don't pay you for being DEAD you know ...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:08 AM PST

    I had a child with my daughter. Why can't I legitimize him?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:04 AM PST

    As in title

    submitted by /u/Theoderik
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment