• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 8, 2021

    Crusader Kings Is this an event generated character or the largest coincidence of the medieval ages?

    Crusader Kings Is this an event generated character or the largest coincidence of the medieval ages?


    Is this an event generated character or the largest coincidence of the medieval ages?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    Neatest CK3 Borders Ever?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    Crusader Kings 2 and 3 ruin each other for me

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    They are both fine games to be sure (though I still maintain that CK2 is the better strategy game) but I find that there are critical features in both games that I sorely miss when playing the other. CK3 has:

    Stress: a fantastic addition that actually makes traits meaningful. It needs tightening up and I think it could be more punishing and more mechanics could and should be locked/unlocked depending on traits, but a wonderful innovation.

    Cadet branches and houses: adds a new dimension to dynasty play. Angry relatives can and should set up opposing branches.

    Better UI: Controversial, but (in parts) CK3 is so much easier to play than CK2, and I have around 200 hours in CK2. Tool tips are a godsend but there are still some finnicky parts I don't understand (the character selection screen seems needlessly complicated, for example)

    Aesthetics: Not very important, but the models and map are gorgeous and add some life to the map. I just wish the models actually did something instead of standing in a handful of awkward poses.

    On the other hand, CK2 has:

    Actual difficulty: you can and will get smashed if you mess up in CK2. It just seems more unforgiving and the AI don't mess about when they know they have the advantage.

    Atmosphere: the music, background sounds and design is much more fitting to the game.

    Flavour and content: blows CK3 clean out of the water. Every single playthrough is different, either because of the way the random events roll or the AI acts or the sheer number of options available to me.

    More in-depth mechanics: without getting into the "streamlined" versus "dumbed down" debate, I do think CK3 has cut corners in some areas. Battles seem simpler in CK3, vassals are much harder to please in CK2 (it's not funny how badly CK3 needs a Conclave revamp) and I can modify my character with items, quests and membership of societies.

    Whenever I play one, I just wish I could import some things from the other. Is anyone else in a similar position? Are there any mods to solve CK3's issues?

    submitted by /u/HerrBear321
    [link] [comments]

    Me IRL: "Why is life so difficult, why can't I do anything right?!" Also me, IRL:

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    Playing in the British Isles (or damn near anywhere in Europe) in a nutshell:

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    They're taking the Hobbits to Constantinople

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    From the official paradox wiki, its about attribute value thresholds (intrigue and martial)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    Am I the only one to think the knigth system is dumd and need an update ?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 03:06 AM PDT

    Finally painted the whole map !

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    My [38F] Husband [50F] of 18 years keeps rebuffing my advances and I'm this close to having him beheaded

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    I don't know what I am doing wrong Reddit. I'm at the end of my tether. Just yesterday I took the fall for his farting, and before that I did everything he asked for. I gave him a rare flower from my personal collection, I bribed a hunter to get the pelt from a fox he fancied. I wrote poems expressing my unending love, even took his place during mind numblingly boring social meets with vassals that just won't take a hint. But it seems that no matter what I do, he won't say the words "I love you", and he'll never see me as the soulmate I see him as.

    We married 18 years ago, a few months after my father died. My older brother had died years ago, and since I was the only child, I inherited our family estate. I only had my mother, who was away in Lower Lorraine at the time with my stepfather, as my family, and I was vulnerable; both emotionally and strategically. When I saw his portrait, it was like I was in a dream. Tall, dark and handsome, my aides assured me that he wasn't merely a pretty face, but also one of the sharpest minds of our age. I was a young, vulnerable girl in love, and I immediately sent for his hand in marriage. I was overjoyed when his father accepted, and soon after he moved in with me in my place. The first years were as anyone would expect I suppose, figuring things out, figuring eachother out, trying to decide together what our life should look like. For years I felt that I had found in him a kindred spirit; though we never had the fairytale romance I had foolishly thought we'd have, I grew to appreciate him as a life partner, confidant, and friend.

    Fast forward to today, I'm not sure how I feel about him anymore, and even less about how he feels about me. It wasn't the first time; years ago when I wanted us to be more open about our love for oneanother, he rebuffed my advances. I said to myself, okay, he is just figuring things out just like I am, give him time. I kept silent on the matter for years as I was preoccupied with socializing with vassals and particularly skilled advisors, putting down rebellions and managing my now much larger domain. But yesterday, finally, after almost two decades of dealing with the outside world, I once again tried to draw closer to my husband. I did everything he asked for, completed every silly challenge that he childishly put before me. And then, as if to mock me and my devotion, he once again rejected me! I can sense that he can barely bring himself to touch me anymore. I'm not getting any younger, and while I can, I'd like to have a few more children to secure more alliances and introduce better genes to our family.

    You have to understand, Reddit; I've given this man everything. I've given him four perfect children, I've given him some of my richest lands in Italy, I've given him everything he had ever asked of me, and still, when the only thing I wanted in turn was to be loved and appreciated, he once again rejected me. I feel completely lost, I no longer feel like the richest and most powerful woman on earth that I should know I am, but this feeble, clueless girl who doesn't feel like she belongs to anyone. I know I shouldn't let this get to me this much, that I should appreciate what I already have. And believe me, I do. But, after 18 years of toil, of being the one who wears the crown in the relationship, all to build something for us to share, I just want him to caress my cheek, look me in the eye, and tell me that it will be fine, that I have him, and that none of this was ever too much to ask for.

    submitted by /u/ecmrush
    [link] [comments]

    My Ironman-Compatible, Pre-Crusade, Majority Hellenic Roman Empire

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Oh freddled gruntbuggly, thy micturations are to me as plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    My best and oldest character

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    Decided to try Ireland again, as I never finished the tutorial! And of course had to form a custom empire for the right color

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    Playing as Pope

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    I thought my son and heir was a hopeless case since he had no children with his wife....

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    the kid on the left just drowned during a peer meet event and my character's reaction at the end is to say that it was fun... alright mate

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    Queen and Fylkir Ragnhildr Ilianasdottir of Tamilgardr

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    What is the point in creating a holy order?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    They don't seem to pay me any passive income or any prestige or piety. Is all they do fight for me in holy wars for free and allow me to borrow money?

    submitted by /u/menacingcar044
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please explain to me how THIS army is still considered only 'decent quality'?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    When it's too hot in the realm so u let them breathe.....��

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    How do you like my empire of Indusgardr? (norse Dekkan empire)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment