• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Crusader Kings Why didn’t anyone tell me how funny the HRE is?

    Crusader Kings Why didn’t anyone tell me how funny the HRE is?


    Why didn’t anyone tell me how funny the HRE is?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:37 AM PDT

    I was playing as duke of Flanders and Holland who left France and joined the HRE. As a pretty rich and young chap, I joined politics fairly early, only to find myself suddenly first in line for the throne. I get elected, then a massive revolt breaks out to put someone else on the throne. So I looked at the war demands, and it would cost me literally nothing to accept, so I do. Only for that person to die in a war, and I'm elected for the second time. As I'm writing this, a massive coalition is coming to uproot me, and quite frankly I'll probably surrender again.

    submitted by /u/ApprehensivePeace305
    [link] [comments]

    My pregnant, one-eyed, one-legged vassal is a feast for the eyes

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Pope Muhammad

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Stop teasing me with these dev diaries i can't take it anymore

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    Title

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Don't you find yourself skipping text and caring more about the stats the more you play this game?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    Hey all.

    I'm kind of new to this game and series as a whole, but it's already one of my favorite games of all time. I love how I get to create my own story each run, and I feel like that's its greatest appeal. I'm also a game designer, so I find that aspect of interactive storytelling interesting design-wise as well.

    However, don't you think that storytelling fades over time the more events repeat? Don't you start mostly noticing stats and numbers rather than making choices based on which is the most interesting to you story-wise?

    I found myself skipping the flavor of the events when I started noticing repetition and only paying attention to the numbers because there is no point in reading the same events multiple times. Does everyone do this eventually?

    Maybe it doesn't matter whether you read the event and choices or not, because you already recognize what's happening, and thus it doesn't affect the storytelling aspect.

    I'm curious to hear about your experiences.

    submitted by /u/Desward
    [link] [comments]

    it was a PRETTY close fight....

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    when you are so chad that you... know the popes daughter personally.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    rate my roman empire

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    Ah yes, asking my friend to help me murder him

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    The Karlings have obtained the Byzantine Empire, all hope is lost!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Tip for "Mother of Us All!" in Easy Mode

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    Sometimes, it's just more fun to start Hideous. I love my boys.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    For the HRE speedrun

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    Welp, that one didn't last long

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    A really good strategy for beginners or Casual players

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    So this is a strategy I've used a lot and it helped me to get a hold of the game. If anyone has any better ones, tell me also

    So you create your own ruler. Give him 2 or 3 star stewardship, Temperate and Stubborn and Intelligent. You can modify the other stats to your liking.

    Make sure it's NOT a tribal government. You can be a vassal, or a ruler. Another tip is to see how many counties are under your direct control as the high stewardship will allow you to do this.

    Marry someone with the genius or Intelligent trait and keep an eye on the fertility rate

    Make sure not to start any wars and try to secure alliances through bethorals to defend yourself if necessary.

    Use all the gold you get to build stuff in your counties which inturn give you more gold. Forget about military for now. This will enable you to make a lot of money and easily make hundreds in a few months.

    When you have a lot of money to the point that you'll still make substantial amount when armies are raised, start upgrading your men at arms.

    Go down the architect lifestyle first as it will make building costs less and get you 2 more domains amongst other things. Next I prefer is to get the administrator but you can choose the other if you feel like it.

    If you do the steps right, you can easily make tons of gold and have a really prosperous realm in only one lifetime.

    Then it is up to you to start expanding, or make more money, or develop with your heir

    I don't know if this has been posted before but personally this strategy has helped me a lot and gave me my most successful runs

    Ofcourse this strategy is achievements enabled

    submitted by /u/daniyalshahbaz01
    [link] [comments]

    I Created the Roman Empire, with the current emperor Zeus Biggus Dickus II

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    I Created the Roman Empire, with the current emperor Zeus Biggus Dickus II

    The Current Position of the Empire

    It all started in 867 with the count of Gallura and Logudora. As a descendant of Julius Caesar's well-known friend in Rome, Biggus Dickus, he was fascinated by Greco-Roman culture and Mythology. So at his 18th birthday he changed his name to Zeus and became the first after a long period of time to worship the ancient Olympic Gods. As ambitious as he was, he conquered the Balearic Islands to become the Duke of Mallorca. Following this was the conquest of Sardinia and Corsica. At the end of his life he was the King of Sardegna and Corsica. Which he mostly funded by raiding, an activity he became famous for. At the age of 63 he died of old age, leaving his realm to his grandson Poseidon, because his one and only son was slain on one of the raids of the Italian peninsula. Poseidon spent the first years of his reign stabilizing his realm and converting the peasants to Hellenism. He also began to conquer pieces of mainland Italy, starting with the Duchy of Tuscany, that he'd gotten hold of after a devastating civil war in the Kingdom of Italy. After conquering a bit more land, he tragically died of old age at the age of 72. Although he had 18 children, his primary title went to his oldest grandson, Dyonissus I. Dyonissus started his rulership by conquering a lot of land in Northern Italy, after the kingdom of Italy had shattered in a lot of 1-County-Rulers, was the first Dynasty Head to see a Cadet Branch forming, was the founder of the Biggus Dickus Witch Coven, but the biggest achievement in his lifetime was the creation of the Empire of Italia. He couldn't enjoy this for long though, as his rival Sinispella killed him at age 47 three years after the founding. Following him was his oldest son Dyonissus II, who mostly spent his time stabilizing his newly founded Empire. The following three emperors conquered more and more land on the peninsula, including the city of Rome. In 1113 Giustu II ascended to the throne. He was a fanatic follower of the Hellenic Faith and hated Catholics from the bottom of his heart. Executions of Catholics were a common assurance in Italia. This reached its peak in 1122 when he conquered the last land of the Papacy. On one blood filled day he set the Vatican on fire, executed the pope and promised to do that to every succeeding one. Hereby dismantling the Papacy. Two more land conquering emperors later Zeus ascended to the Italian throne. He was an arrogant and ambitious man, who loved partying. Some even called him a Legendary Reveler. In his arrogance he even Strengthened and Consecrated the Biggus Dickus bloodline. He had a "freer" view on the ancient laws of the religion and decided to reform it, allowing adultery, as he was a famous seducer interested in men and women, marriage between two close family members, as he wanted to keep to gens pure and cannibalism, as he was a cannibal himself. Although he didn't want to expose that secret even after the reformation. He also crowned himself High Priest of The New Hellenic Faith. His son ascended not too much later to the throne, conquering even more land. Mostly from the Byzantines. Although he was a very contend figure, he could not hold himself from seeing his realm is the follow-up to the Ancient Roman Empire and Crowned himself the new Roman Emperor.

    Zeus

    The Story Will Continue.

    submitted by /u/Vanovanu
    [link] [comments]

    Wars are weird in CK3

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:14 PM PDT

    So i was reading and about the Norman conquest of England recently and came across an interesting fact about said conquest, William the Bastards forces landed in Sussex by 28th September 1066,and William had effectively conquered England by 1066 December,after which his main concerns were revolts,what troubles me is that in the game,the earliest i have seen is the war ending by about 1070 or so,And the manner in which wars are fought are also interesting,with William raiding the surrounding areas to force Harold to ,meet in open battle . My point is thus ,since its quite clear that William managed to secure in England in a year or two,its pretty annyoing that wars in the game in general feel excruciatingly long,With open battles being far less significant.Anyways i was hoping the more historically adept of you could explain if the conquest of England was an exceptionally fast war,or that Ck3 is just a bit weird,also i also read that the first crusade lasted a mere 3 years from 1096 to 1099. With the siege of Nicaea taking a month ,the siege of Jerusalem taking a single month and only Antioch holding for 7 months.And we all know how well coordinated the crusades were.Compare that to the game,where the crusades last for around 5 years,and having to capture 10 counties each siege taking at minimum 4 months. I personally feel the pace of warfare in Ck3 is painfully slow, and siege times are way too high.

    submitted by /u/ALTAIROFCYPRUS
    [link] [comments]

    How's it like to play as Peasant Leader? This is the first time I've seen an independent peasant realm lol its 2 counties wide

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    AI Eudes became king of France in 867!!!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Day 107 of posting a Celtic/Brythonic themed meme everyday until flavour pack.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    How to grand an empire with all its Kingdom titles?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    How to grand an empire with all its Kingdom titles?

    Hey everyone

    I got a question regarding granding an empire title as well as the kingdom titles which belong to it. This is the situation:

    I currently hold two empire titles of which I would like to keep one. My scandinavian empire grew dramatically after I defeted and conquered the Khazaria empire since they were the biggest threat back then. Since I want to focus on the scandinavian empire I would like to give the other empire to my (disinherited) daughter, hence getting this sweet renown buff for another empire in my family. She currently holds one of the kingdom title belonging to the empire:

    You can see the empire I would like to grand her, Khazaria, as well as the outlines of her current holdings.

    I made sure to grand her all the vasalls in the area I would like her to have. Now there are two other Kingdoms of the Khazaria empire which do exist and belong to two of my vasalls (won't accept having them revoked):

    The Kingdom of my daughter (Caucasus) and the other two, Ashina and Haravoi. Please try to ignoe the mess with Bulcir, first time I got a realm that big...

    I don't mind them being king / queen there but when giving the empire title to my daughter I would like to have them transfered to her with the title. As I see it now - which might be wrong - I can give her the title, which makes her independent, but afterwards I cannot transfer the vassals to her. The other way round I cannot give them before granding the empire title to my daughter as they are on the same level.

    Can someone tell me, how I can pull this off? Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Solwid
    [link] [comments]

    What determines which one is which? All 3 rulers are anglo-saxon and yet titles are duchy, petty kdom and principality respectively...?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment