• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    Crusader Kings Security Flaw in Crusader Kings II

    Crusader Kings Security Flaw in Crusader Kings II


    Security Flaw in Crusader Kings II

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:23 AM PST

    All,

    It has recently been discovered that a security flaw exists in the current version of Hearts of Iron IV, Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings II and Victoria II. The flaw allows mods to run arbitrary code on your machine, allowing the mod to do almost anything: including, but not limited to, installing a proper virus on your machine.

    Whilst this flaw has been confirmed in Hearts of Iron IV, Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings II, and Victoria II, it is possible it may be present in any/all other Paradox games.

    The flaw requires malicious intent on behalf of mod uploaders, so I highly recommend you do not run any Paradox game with any mod you do not absolutely trust. The flaw can be exploited either through a new workshop upload, or an update to existing mods.

    Paradox have been made aware of the flaw, and are looking into this. A patch will presumably be rolled out as soon as possible. I've deliberately not given the specifics of the flaw in this post to prevent any spread, and so I would encourage you to do the same in the comments.

    EDIT: I can confirm the flaw also affects Victoria II alongside HOI4, EU4 and CK2

    submitted by /u/HappyNTH
    [link] [comments]

    I will not be blackmailed!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:31 AM PST

    Body parts are temporary, glory is eternal

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:15 AM PST

    When you hate each other, but the sex it too good

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:56 AM PST

    Coolest nickname I've ever gotten.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:56 AM PST

    In my first full play through, I took over England as Ireland but England was Iraq and Islam was completely gone (crazy happenings and screenshots)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:14 AM PST

    It's good to be Fylkr. And Caliph. Might become Pope later.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:47 AM PST

    Finally did it!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Come visit the zoo

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Karlings ��️ like

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:36 AM PST

    Don't talk to me or my son ever again!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:15 AM PST

    Hope this hasn't already been done

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:12 PM PST

    What's the most that the Pope has ever asked of you in exchange for a coronation?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:01 AM PST

    Sadly I have the screenshot at home, but the pope literally asked me to give away every single county in my capital duchy to holy orders in exchange for a coronation. This is after me still being heated from having to give him the holy precupice to get coronated last time. Yet the Queen of Valencia just got coronated and I see no lands that she gave up.

    TLDR: The Pope is a dick

    EDIT: God got mad at refusing to give land to the Pope so my 25 year old genius died of smallpox and his 5 year old son has it now too. Gotta find a way to get the kid and his sister to die so their genius uncle can inherit the throne.

    submitted by /u/LeviStillwell
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like i am playing the game wrong or this kind of shit would not be happening.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:45 AM PST

    Created my own french blob

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:29 AM PST

    You can recover from being incapable

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:26 AM PST

    I just wanted to let everyone know that you can recover from being incapable. I was in battle when I was hit and got the trait. After what seemed like a year I got an event I can't remember what it was but I lost the incapable trait and got the lunatic trait. I then got up one night and howled at the moon, appointed a horse chancellor, made a rule that made violence illegal while at war. I'm still playing that run so I'll keep you posted

    submitted by /u/onefurrydude
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I not surprised he became pope.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:39 PM PST

    Emirat Azd Umanid

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:58 AM PST

    The bears and the bees...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:36 AM PST

    I brought Catholic Moral authority to zero, reformed the germanics, made a bunch of rulers around the world Jewish and Zorastrian, made all of the british Isles Germanic. And observed for 400 years. All my hard work, wasted.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:19 AM PST

    From Pickpockets to Princes | CRUSADER KINGS 2 - RISE TO POWER

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:44 AM PST

    The State of the Fylkirate

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:33 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment