• Breaking News

    Monday, April 5, 2021

    Crusader Kings Used hooks to convert a byzantine prince to norse asatru and seated him with two murders, oops

    Crusader Kings Used hooks to convert a byzantine prince to norse asatru and seated him with two murders, oops


    Used hooks to convert a byzantine prince to norse asatru and seated him with two murders, oops

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Today, I learned that a Chinese Pretender can sometimes take over the Western Protectorate in 769. They also take the Western Protectorate title.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    Not The Coolest Thing On Here, But I Got Slavia Before 1200 Starting As Poland And Black Looks Sick

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    The Fallen Eagle: The Dawn of the Dark Ages (v.395.1) is Officially Out on the Steam Workshop!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    My current Austria game

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    A detailled look of your barony accros time.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    I know we're tired of the "look at Hæsteinn" but... look at Hæsteinn

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    I wish the realm management aspects were more detailed

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    Hot!

    I love CK, always did. Played CKII so much. I own CKII as well but I have a hard time getting into it. I wish Paradox would develop the realm management aspects of the game more. Like social wellbeing, global population health and food status, level of "education" (if you can call it that in this era). I know CK is more of a medieval soap opera game but I just wish it could offer a little more things to people like me who want to role play a leader who wants to manage the kingdom.

    submitted by /u/SmashingQuasar
    [link] [comments]

    Nah, I'm sure he'll just get over this little childhood bullying...

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    My liege, I know that someone is an adulterer. He might be me.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    Since CK3 took all of CK2's history files, you can play with historic characters if you mod a bookmark for 769, 936, or any date between 1066-1337. Here's one I did for 1295.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    What in the everloving fuck is going on in my game??

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 06:02 PM PDT

    Glitterhoof, Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople in all his glory

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    Finally got rid of that damned Swedish culture in my realm after the split. Oddly, Sweden itself seems to have had the same idea.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    Finally founded the Roman Empire in Ironman (CK2)

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    I have created the most blessed Ireland

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    Female Rulers Feel Terrible

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    I've been trying a female only ruler route in my game to spice things up a bit, and it's crazy how much it feels like the game doesn't want you to be one.

    I was prepared for the obvious restriction, which is heirs become far less and more valuable. As a single female ruler you can only have so many kids, and you have a very short time frame to make them. But it's also much harder to marry matrilineally. Women rulers also don't have the same marriage rights as men, meaning often a man can have concubines, and a woman cannot. But even if you do, you cannot selectively choose who's knocking you up, so if you're trying to breed for selective genes, this could also be a huge drawback that male rulers don't face. This is super relevant to marrying for alliances, it's much harder.

    Even the simple things like appearance isn't treated the same, for instance you cannot get many of the "emperor/king" crowns as a female such as the Lotus Crown or the Norse one. There's no visual accomplishment from ascending those higher ranks.

    You also have to go out of your way to make female rulers viable comparatively. Even going so far as reforming religions.

    This wouldn't really be a huge deal as you can just consider it a difficulty challenge, but there's literally no benefit whatsoever in a female ruler, and there's nothing you can really do to make it rewarding. There's no traits, achievements, titles, special events, any flavor whatsoever. It just feels like incomplete content.

    Granted it's not as bad as say anything to do with homosexuality in the game (hardcoded out), but it does still feel like the game is telling you, "this isn't how you should be playing the game".

    submitted by /u/SVNihilism
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Paradox, could you please add an "extend all expiring" button for mercenaries, or a least an "auto-extend" button checkbox.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    I generally like to use mercs to tip the scales, and in late game, when I own all the gold ever mined, I like to hire as many as I can to replace levies.

    Point is, it gets really annoying having to go through each and every one of them once every 30 minutes or so just to extend their contract. This is especially annoying at the end when I have a lot or at the beginning when I have only one and play on speed 5 and somehow happen to miss the expiration notification and the duke I was planning to use them against happens to hire them instead.

    submitted by /u/Cefalopodul
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to share a milestone. Living legend and religious icon before 40.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    The Mines of Mali are a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    How do you like my Merchant Republic Badajoz start?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    So how long do i need to wait?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    Very catholic yes yes

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    From Ireland 769 to Rome, first full Ironman playthrough

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment