• Breaking News

    Friday, January 22, 2021

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : January 22 2021

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : January 22 2021


    Feudal Friday : January 22 2021

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:00 AM PST

    Welcome to another Feudal Friday, a place for you to regale the courts of Europa with your tales. Stories, screenshots and achievements are all welcome.

    Previous Feudal Fridays

    Current Tutorial Tuesdays

    Regale us of your tales on our Discord

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A tale of tragedy

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:38 AM PST

    Was bored so i made King Zlatan Ibrahimovic of sweden

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:25 AM PST

    TFW no spam filter in medieval

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:06 AM PST

    Always wondered what the backstory behind this loading screen was.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:39 AM PST

    Did I just find Jafar from Aladdin?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:18 AM PST

    Having capital in Nenetsia sometimes feels like cheating.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:08 AM PST

    For those of you that don't know Nenetsia is a kingdom in northern part of the map, right between Siberian Wastes and Finland. This place is in literal middle of nowhere and has one really interesting quirk - winter is goddamn harsh. Most territories of this kingdom get supply limit reduced to 1k in winter and that leads to absolutely bloody silly things.

    Novogrod attacks? Let them starve to death.

    Hordes attack? Let them starve to death.

    Germanic invasion comes by boates? Let them starve to death.

    I have seen deathstacks of 8k dwindle down to 3k in matter of days due to non-existing supply. Of course it's double-edged sword and you need to pay attention to the time of year when playing in the region, but payoff feels so dirty.

    submitted by /u/klimuk777
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first Empire on stream couple of days ago. Went from count to emperor. Nothing much but i was proud of myself :-)

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:35 PM PST

    My best ruler died at 93, 15 years before the game end. I genuinely feel sad

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 05:38 PM PST

    Three Handsomely Distinguished Gentlemen

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:10 PM PST

    Turns out self-pardons from denouncement can happen?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:19 AM PST

    Is this even possible?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:44 AM PST

    Why I Think Saoshyant and Saoshyant Descendant is the Best Trait in the Game: Immersion.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:54 PM PST

    Following family trees can be difficult and time consuming, and usually while it is fun to find out which characters are related to whom, it is often at the expense of what was formally stated.

    Saoshyant Descendant remedies this. At a glance you can see that a random character, is related to you! This starts a search through that character's parents, and ancestors looking for the link between them and your Saoshyant. The need to trace this lineage back is reinforced by the fact that you made the Saoshyant, and you played as them. The connection between you, and this random character you normally wouldn't care about is turned upside down, as they are your great-great-great...great grandchild! While you partake in this search you find out things about how they got to where they are and finding out how did your dynasty end up leaving a mark, all the way on this side of the world?

    For example, in my current game it is around the year 1325, and the Saoshyant was my 3rd played as character by the name of Shahanshah Khshayarsha (Xerxes). He had many children, however, I was used to seeing the trait when clicking on my vassals and Indian, Tibetan, Chinese, Turkic, and Mongolian neighbors (when I became the Saoshyant a number of Tengri rulers converted to Mazdayasna, even Genghis Khan himself later converted). So, naturally I was surprised to find out that the Queen of France was a Saoshyant descendant, along with the Insular Irish Empress of Alba!

    I frantically began tracing their lineage and discovered a whole bunch of my descendants I had no idea about. The parents and grandparents of these two women were wanderers, with no titles to their name. Three generations before their wander great-grandparents, their ancestors were the former Adamites Slavs of varying Illyrian Slavic nations who broke free from the Roman Empire (Byzantium). Two generations before those Slavic Adamites were the rulers of the unified Spanish throne, ruling over all of the Iberian Peninsula! Which was astounding, and led me to discover the key to where my Saoshyant descendants came from. Through this tracing of their lineage, I was able to discover that the Emperor of Spain had a royal marriage with a Saoshyant descendant princess from the Catholic Kingdom of Jerusalem itself! Who was in fact, the great-granddaughter of my Saoshyant's daughter. Which made me remember that I married her to the most noble (Just, Compassionate, Honest) Catholic Catalan Knight prisoner I could find. Remembering that after I (playing as the Saoshyant) conquered the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem, and deposed its sadistic, stubborn, greedy king. I then installed my daughter's husband as the new King of Jerusalem, and allowed them to stay Catholic.

    It is amazing that this one simple perk, was the catalyst for my search to discover how these two powerful women, were related to me. Which allowed me to discover and reflect upon the history in my playthrough. Which has led me to typing this short essay and confirming my belief that the Saoshyant Descendant is by far the best perk to trigger such immersion in this game. At least for me, and hope that you too keep an eye out for any of your distant kin, in your Saoshyant playthroughs.

    Thank you for your time.

    Key terms:

    Saoshyant: "An eschatological saviour figure who brings about Frashokereti, the final renovation of the world in which evil is finally destroyed. The term was contracted to "Soshans" in Zoroastrian tradition, and came to apply to three saviour figures that progressively bring about the final renovation. " (Wikipedia)

    You can become the Saoshyant by being any form of Zoroastrian religion and reforming the Persian Empire.

    Shahanshah: Persian word literally translating to "King of Kings". Persian word for Emperor.

    In game you can become a "Shahanshah" by simply being an emperor and being any Iranian culture. Your empire will be renamed to your house title, and if you are the head of your dynasty, it will be renamed to that. Example: Achaemenid Empire, Parthian Empire, Sassanid Empire, Saffarid Empire (starts as kingdom in 867), Samanid Empire (starts as kingdom in 867), etc.

    Khshayarsha: Old Persian form of Xerxes. Who you probably know as Jewelry store man from 300.

    Khshayarsha (Xerxes) literally means "Ruler over Heroes".

    I put these 3 "Key terms" as a little definitions and fun facts, just in case anyone was curious and didn't know. I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence. All 3 of you, since this is gonna die in new lol.

    submitted by /u/TheCoolPersian
    [link] [comments]

    Should non-pagans be allowed to conduct a more restricted form of raiding?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:16 AM PST

    Unpopular opinion maybe, but I want to make the case for allowing non-pagans to raid, history is full of examples of interreligious raiding, the religious frontier in Iberia was basically centuries of border skirmishes and raids, same with the Kingdom of Jerusalem, same with the Byzantine frontiers in both the east and the west, it is kind of silly that only the norse can raid.

    Of course, feudal kingdoms of the same religion should not be able to raid eachother, or perhaps it should be possible, but cost you piety, but feudal kingdoms of different religions should in fact be able to, it serves as the only peacetime form of combat other than rebellions.

    HOWEVER, it is important that the pagans, and the norse specifically, keep their uniqueness, and well known raiding to be distinct. That is why I would suggest, that christians for example, should only be able to raid counties that they share a direct border with, and that those counties are of a different religion, and overseas raiding should only be a norse thing of course, you could also make the non-pagan raids take longer or something, OR, you could make it so that only generals with the Reaver trait can conduct these feudal raids.

    submitted by /u/Ditalite
    [link] [comments]

    I leave my empire alone for 10 minutes and it takes over France and Northern Germany.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:51 PM PST

    What do holy orders spend there gold on?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:20 AM PST

    I'm playing tall Bohemia, and have founded a holy order. Seeing as I am literally drowning in gold (+50 a month) I figured I give some of it to my holy order, hoping maybe they would buy more land or units or something similar. After giving them ~1000 gold, it always seems to disappear after a few months (I've done this three times now). However, I can't find where it went. Anyone know what they are buying, or if they are just throwing the gold away?

    submitted by /u/Thundershield3
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the "Way of Life" achievement after 81 years - 8 days before I died ... yikes

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:46 AM PST

    Why is the AI so braindead during crusades?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:32 AM PST

    Been playing CK3 a lot recently and I've discovered a trend. unlike CK2 where the AI would actively support each other's armies in battle, they instead completely ignore me and forfeit the entire crusade! like holy crap, if this is an attempt at being historically accurate then bloody hell it's working.

    submitted by /u/heretohelpyoukindly
    [link] [comments]

    I want so much to play as a republic.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:06 AM PST

    So this is how I start my game in Ireland...

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    Hey guys rate my Roman Empire!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:52 AM PST

    Was looking at sunni caliphate history and found the Prophet Muhammed himself

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:33 AM PST

    So, I was bugfixing in some mod files, and stumbled upon some hidden things that I just couldn't not test. You thought being a horse was cool? Well...

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:59 AM PST

    I just did this. A Habsburg, on the throne of Switzerland. :D

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:28 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment