• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 19, 2020

    Crusader Kings Be Wary of Player Vassals

    Crusader Kings Be Wary of Player Vassals


    Be Wary of Player Vassals

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:09 PM PST

    While AI-generated choices/effects often leads to some really funny storytelling. Sometimes those AI-choices can make the storytelling really f*cking dark.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Case in point:

    Me, the emperor of Scotland, sending off my 6 year old beautiful/genius daughter to be educated by my brother, the King of Scotland who has high Diplomacy so she can become the next Chancellor for my heir.

    Few years go by. My brother invites me to a feast and I notice he has Lover's Pox. I don't think anything of it.

    When my daughter comes of age she automatically has the Drunkard trait...and Lover's Pox but no lovers in her relationship box.

    My 62-year-old brother is the only one in his court who has Lover's Pox besides her.

    Holy shit, CK3's AI.

    submitted by /u/EbonyBetty
    [link] [comments]

    The old man finally died. Long live the King!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:19 AM PST

    “If you two are going to fight over your toys, then I’m going to take them away until you learn to share.”

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Godherja: The Dying World has released!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:32 AM PST

    The Thicc Roman Empire

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:28 AM PST

    First Playthrough: CK3 Certainly Makes you feel more Awful about it than CK2

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Oh... Oh dear.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:29 AM PST

    why do I even bother

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:46 AM PST

    I don’t know what to say.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Managed to create Hispania and get the Sibling Rivalry achievement in one life time, proud of myself.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:51 AM PST

    I've finally done it

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:48 AM PST

    Oh... That's why my child is scaly...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:42 AM PST

    Love is blind (luckily)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:34 PM PST

    My brother want's the throne so bad he made two factions

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    Guide Full List: Crusader Kings 3

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:15 AM PST

    I recently started working on ck3 to produce the most professional tutorials this great community deserves. Each of these videos requires from me over 40 hours of research and over 10 to be produced. So I hope that you will find them useful to get started and become pro in this game.

    Also, considering the great growth this game giving to my channel I think to dedicate full time to this game till I finished explaining it. So, if you want to know when I will publish more videos for this game subscribe to the youtube channel and enable notifications.

    To finish if you want that I prioritize specific arguments you struggle with leave a comment in one of the videos with the request of the topic you want to be fully explained and I will prioritize it to my normal schedule.

    Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSt3NuulP3Ow8bPfImpCjVmucJlMkR8dA

    Single Videos

    > Most Asked Questions

    How to make Money with War & Intrigue - https://youtu.be/wmE5nyAwtgI

    How to Make Money by Build & Tax - https://youtu.be/HkpaR1Tz0_4

    > Game Mechanics - Everything you Need to Know Series

    Marriage Explained - https://youtu.be/fH_717jk1v8

    Stress Explained - https://youtu.be/dCU_Z3BXlws

    Child Education Explained - https://youtu.be/wdstBny48X8

    submitted by /u/HTFGamesStudio
    [link] [comments]

    I'm confused about High Crown Authority

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Basically, I have High Crown Authority but it still says that my realm will lose land when a vassal dies cause someone else will inherit it.

    High Crown Authority doesn't allow this, so is the issues tab misleading?

    Another question too, my vassals keep fighting each other even though I have High Crown Authority which supposedly stops my Vassals from fighting each other. No, I'm pretty sure they are fighting each other and not outside realms.

    submitted by /u/Bababooey951
    [link] [comments]

    What use is having a Foreign Ruler imprisoned?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:33 AM PST

    So I put a lot of effort into the abduction scheme hoping to imprison my neighbour - the Queen of Italy. After infesting around 500 gold on fabricating hooks and finding secrets, I got enough people to join my plot. One of which was her husband!

    I got excited and finally when the plot triggered, I actually got her imprisoned! My original plan was to force her to convert to my faith, as described in this post, but apparently this was patched out... The message you now get is 'you cannot demand conversion from a landed ruler who is not your vassal'.

    Looking through my options, I now find there are really limited benefits I can get from her imprisonment. I could 1) ransom her release for 200 gold (but have already invested >500 gold) or 2) negotiate release for a measly minor hook.

    So my question is; is there any benefit of going through the whole hassle of imprisoning your King/Queen neighbour? I thought I'd roll with my high-intrigue character's traits for a change, instead of just Holy War'ing everything, but it doesn't seem to pay off.

    submitted by /u/Garh
    [link] [comments]

    New to the crusader kings series

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:20 AM PST

    So ck3 is my first introduction into the series and so far I have been absolutely loving it!

    In my current playthrough, I started starting as the 867 tribal count in the duchy of bohemia. I was inspired by the world conquest video from Chaffcommander coffey. I ruler designed my own character who was beautiful, gregarious, ambitious, and temperate (in these kind of games, I like to roll my own person especially if he's going to lead an entire dynasty!) I proceeded to go down the marshal tree, chivalry focus and then quickly built a retinue so I can go raiding and pillaging. Built up more retinue, started conquering the tribal counties in the duchy, got married to someone who was robust and quick to jump start the eugenics program and proceed to completely take over bohemia, made praha my realm capital. I spent several decades converting to Catholicism, swearing fealty to Bavaria, and turning feudal through them. I proceeded building up the duchy to the point where I was making double digit gold per month and then it was inherited by his 58 year old son who had only two congenital traits.

    Fast forward a bit mainly because I was doing nothing but building up the duchy and building a retinue. I then figured out that I didn't have any sons and my ruler was getting old, but his daughter held really good promise: had three congenital traits, high stewardship and decent diplomacy. She was workable ESPECIALLY since she had a daughter who had all three traits along with being beautiful! The eugenics was coming to fruition. Then I developed a plan, I continued to build up and army in preparation to take over the kingdom of Bavaria by getting a claim from the pope, only for him to be reluctant because she was a woman. Sad. I then just started befriend all the vassals in Bavaria for my inevitable conquest, only for her to die, and get inherited by the daughter. I slammed that strengthen bloodline decision the moment the transition was over.

    With her daughter in power, I saw the king of east francia had decietful. JACKPOT! I tried bribing the pope and swaying him only for him to get to 0 reluctance but still not giving my claim! (You bastard!) And then it happened. King of eastern francia died, inherited by his son, WHO WAS STILL A CHILD! I got bonus to the claim, grabbed it, then immediately declared war for the throne. Due to the ground work of befriending the vassals in east francia after I saw that Bavaria was a no go, the war was won, the transition was smooth, then proceeded to become queen of east francia.

    It was such a thrill! Becoming queen due to the luck of the king dying only to be inherited by his three year old son! Through the rest of her life, I started picking Bavaria apart. Declaring de jure wars, breaking apart, piece by piece until it was inherited by her son.

    Currently, I have two duchies from Bavaria, continuing to whittle it down, expanding my kingdom. I am now making over 28 gold per month (the mine in Bohemia is ridiculous) secured the mine by updating succession to partition by bribing my vassals.

    I don't think I had as much fun in a strategy game in awhile. My current air has intelligent, beautiful, and robust and I can't wait to wake up and continue to conquer and eventually make an empire.

    I think I am addicted.....

    PS: the heir was a product of cousin to cousin wincest, not completely off the deep end yet.

    submitted by /u/Skalyx866
    [link] [comments]

    What A Smart 2-Year Old

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Ah yes, borders...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:58 AM PST

    Help-CK2: My emperor died and the conquered lands became nomadic?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:38 AM PST

    So granddad emperor died and now, upon succession, lots of land is lost (almost all the yellow stuff used to be mine, now it isn't). Why is this and how do I stop this?

    For all these lands: I build forts (some even a hospital or tradepost), money-upgraded a few earth or wooden forts, prestige-upgraded a few weaponsmiths; gave the lands to people with a tribal or feudal government trait; granddad wasn't over my vassal limit or defense (though the grandson is). Now, even the people (and/or their direct decedents) don't even have claims on these lands and all the things I build are completely gone.

    I find this very weird and annoying. I wasn't even warned beforehand. I remember I was warned before a previous succession (great-granddad's) and I had to build something. This time I didn't even see a warning, yet did build something.

    How can I prevent this? How can I even be warned by the game?

    submitted by /u/Leon_Art
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment