• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 29, 2020

    Crusader Kings i discovered my own plot....AND EXPOSED IT

    Crusader Kings i discovered my own plot....AND EXPOSED IT


    i discovered my own plot....AND EXPOSED IT

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    All hail absolutely blitzed Ben Affleck, long may he reign

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    I established the Knights Templar, their Grandmaster is not quite what I expected

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    I started as Arran and roleplayed into Greco-Bactria

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Barely got the "Mother of us All" Achievement, almost ended my dynasty in the process!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Barely got the "Mother of us All" Achievement, almost ended my dynasty in the process!

    Breeding Program Kicking in!

    I was playing as Inna Halima III, the Empress of the mighty Empire of Daura which controlled over 90% of Africa. With the funding from the Mines of Mali fueling my conquest, I was on track to achieve the "mother of us all" achievement. So I had just declared war on Byzantine Empire for the title Kingdom of Africa, the last portion of Africa not under my control. Armies raised, fighting battles, I get a notification. My daughter, Gida Namsiss had a military focus (preparing for post unification conquest) and had taken up dueling and had just been defeated and killed. I no longer had an heir. The notification said that when I died it was game over! I was distraught. This was my 12th start as Daura, and my 4th time with a sizable empire before things fell apart. I have spent over 200 hours working on this achievement and I was so close. I decide to press on in the hopes that I can at least complete the achievement before game over. Inna Halima III was 72 years old at the time. I didnt give myself much chance of success.

    It took about 3 years to defeat the Byzantines, it was in a massive battle in the County of Alexandria where I assaulted from the sea with 35,000 troops the main Byzantine army that was sieging the Castle Barony in Alexandria Egypt. I won that battle with 1,000 levies left.

    I get the option to Unite Africa, which I do, and that converts all but 11 counties to my religion. I put my 45 learning court chaplain to work on converting, and I start paying gifts and swaying catholic vassals then demanding their conversion. This took about another 6 years. The last catholic stronghold converts and the achievement pops up!

    I was super excited, if bittersweet. I decided to see if there was some way to make things work so that my game wouldnt be over. I read the actual notification that says my dynasty has people left, but they are too far down the succession. So I open the dynasty window and see that the top member of my dynasty is my Older Sister! I had disinherited her in favor of Halima III due to favorable traits. I had the option to restore her inheritance and make her my heir!

    So I do that, she becomes my heir. Her son is her heir, and his daughter is his. That becomes my line of succession. I take my grand niece as my ward and pray. Over the next two years I sweat as first my sister dies (she was older) and thank the Borii spirits, my nephew remains my heir! Then he dies, and again, his daughter, my ward, becomes my heir.

    My character dies right after she comes of age, the torch is passed!

    Then to my delight, her first daughter is born with all the traits I have been breeding for over the past 250 years. Things are looking good!

    10/10 for a game that makes me feel this many emotions!

    Family Tree, Halima III upper right with her dead end dueling daughter Namsiss!

    submitted by /u/Inevitable-Map195
    [link] [comments]

    Ah yes, Beautiful Francia

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    I may have found the most OP random Courtier ever

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    The Whole Family

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    How can this happen? Holy order grand master converted to different religion.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    PSA: Existing Development Penalty

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    After messing around a bit with existing development penalty I learned that the culture tech that extends these caps (Public Works = 20, Communal Government = 35, etc.) is applied through the Steward and will not work if your steward has a culture with lower development penalty tech.

    submitted by /u/AnkMah
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the luckiest bastard alive or what?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    When your family of murderers has a serious one-upmanship problem

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Seems about right

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    The longer you look at it, the more cursed it gets.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Trying to form HRE, but can't do it because Francia exists. If i destroy them, the decision to form HRE gonna appear again, right? Also, what's the easiest way to destroy the empire? I never done it before, please help.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    I hate this colour.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Pope assembles crusade against... his own liege

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Tip : Dont bother creating a spiritual head of faith when reforming a faith

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    A spiritual of faith lets you do 3 things :

    • Buy claims with piety, but this only works on rulers of your faith

    Since there is no peaceful way to spread a faith, and no way to force convert a nation to your faith via war, this is pointless since all rulers of your faith will be in your realm anyway. Unless you really want to jump through hoops to do mass abduct + forced convert of heirs to try and convert other realms to your faith but this takes forever and is a waste of time since its much faster to use holy wars instead.

    • Trade piety for gold, but this only works if your head of faith is rich

    When you feudalize, you dont get free cities/temples so your head of faith will be broke for a LONG time.

    • Declare undirected holy wars

    Since everyone of your faith is going to be in your realm anyway, this is pointless.

    The downside of having a spiritual head of faith is that you have -no- control over their appointment and if any head of faith has a sin, bad events will trigger causing massive fervor loss which means more heresies.

    submitted by /u/GlompSpark
    [link] [comments]

    Your liege is the holder of your de jure duchy.... and this makes you mad?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    The game really, really, really needs to tone down the AI bias towards literally any fucking other claimant than you. It's ridiculous.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Every single time, they want someone else on the throne, no matter how shit they are. Absolutely no one seems to accept that natural succession from parent to child according to the actual laws of the realm itself. It's just not enjoyable.

    submitted by /u/Wissam24
    [link] [comments]

    Honey Boo Boo: 11th Century

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    I've been trying to destabilize Scotland by killing their kings but their stupid elections seem to be keeping their nation intact.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    Clever Pope calling to holy war on Jerusalem. Twice :)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment