• Breaking News

    Friday, October 30, 2020

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : October 30 2020

    Crusader Kings Feudal Friday : October 30 2020


    Feudal Friday : October 30 2020

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Welcome to another Feudal Friday, a place for you to regale the courts of Europa with your tales. Stories, screenshots and achievements are all welcome.


    Previous Feudal Fridays

    Current Tutorial Tuesdays

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My giant obese Emperor - amazonian wife for scale

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Evidently something went terribly wrong last session...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Accidentally gave away one of my kingdoms in Ironman. I like to imagine that future historians would try to figure out what happened.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    TLDR: Because Paradox doesn't warn you if you're a king and try to give away a kingdom, I accidentally gave away Scotland to a vassal in Ironman. But I got a fun story out of it.


    I managed to claim the kingdoms of Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Brought up one of my dukes in Wales and planned on giving him one of his de jure counties…

    …and I accidentally gave him Scotland!!! The mouse click for the county didn't register and I didn't get any warning like "Are you sure you want to do this? You're a king giving away a kingdom to a duke and that seems weird" Naturally, this was Iron Man, so I couldn't undo it. And he wasn't part of my dynasty or of the same culture, so I had no hope of regaining it but to reconquer it.

    After I got over my anger and calmed down (and added "you don't get a warning when you're a king and try to give away a kingdom" to my Paradox UI issues list), I put in the work to reconquer Scotland for the second time and managed to do so. I realized it would actually be pretty funny to imagine how historians would try to rationalize this.

    King Tomás of Ireland was a 14th century ruler of Irish ancestry who ruled Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. In 1385, he made the surprising decision to give the entirety of Scotland to the Duke of Cornwall. Within a year, he declared a war to reconquer it.

    Historians disagree on the reason why King Tomás gave away the Kingdom of Scotland. There is no record of the Duke of Cornwall having a claim for or even a desire to control Scotland and the two areas were distant from each other. There were virtually no Welsh people in Scotland, so an effort of reunification seems unlikely. And the immediate decision by Tomás to reconquer the land makes it seem that whatever agreement was reached was regretted immediately.

    Some suspect that the Duke of Cornwall had blackmail leverage on Tomás, but why he would have asked for Scotland in exchange for resolving the scandal is a matter of debate. Others have speculated that he desired to grant independence to Scotland and felt this vassal was particularly loyal, but then some bad blood came between them and quickly made him regret his decision. One historian has even made the outlandish suggestion that giving Scotland to a Welsh duke was the result of a drunken decision by the king, which he realized with despair the moment he sobered up.

    This unusual decision will continue to be an area of medieval study and will undoubtedly result in many PhD papers.

    submitted by /u/JourneymanGM
    [link] [comments]

    Help, The True Greatest of Khans is here, and he scares me. Look at the date.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    Behold! My child

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    I guess the Medieval adblocker is working as intended...no hot bachelors in my area

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I somehow managed to fight two simultanious duels and die in both of them

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    I think my heir played Assasin’s Creed too much.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I feel like the Prolific achievement could use a little bit more colour

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    Bring back non-aggression pacts

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    This whole alliance on marriage thing is making the game unbearably slow and just plain aggravating. Especially when every little count has an alliance with four other dukes.

    submitted by /u/Ill-Organization-703
    [link] [comments]

    I scheme and I know things!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Ave Augusta! [Rise from the Ashes Achievement]

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    CK2-only players talking to CK3-only players

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    Thankful for my wife's love

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    My son seems to be having issues

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Pretty sure the pope is a serial killer...

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    When an Anglo-Saxon character becomes emperor, should their title be "Brewalda" instead? Or should that be a special title to the head of the Anglo-Saxon culture?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Pro-Tip: Teachers make excellent Assassins

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    To try to fix the problem of kids becoming lost during education, Paradox made it so that Guardians now go to the court of the kid. This is an awful change that really needs to be fixed in the next patch. If you use your wife to tutor vassal children, you lose her stats. If you use a good commander, he becomes unavailable to you. The Ai chooses shit guardians for its kids. If I am going to have one day use them as my council, I want a say in how they are raised. It is rare that I see a non-genius with even a 3 star education. Whenever societies make their way into CK3, there needs to be children's societies, schools, as well. It would help with forming relationships as well as giving the AI a better chance at the upper education trait levels.

    Anyway, until this gets fixed, you can use it your advantage because the guardian you sent to educate your vassals kid is eligible to join hostile schemes in that court. Outside of marriage it is the only way I have found to put someone into someone else's court. And unlike marriage, teachers can be used again and again and don't have to be unwed which means you can marry the best killer in the world into your court and then send them out as needed. I've found that two sadistic 20+ intrigue 'teachers' is enough to push any murder above the 70% success and secrecy positions.

    submitted by /u/CypressCarter
    [link] [comments]

    Uh... girls? What about your husband..?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    "Peace be with you. I will eventually! You cannot stop me!"

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Big Danelaw

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    What perfect family planning looks like, I conquered East and North Africa as a Viking and had 8 kingdoms to split among my 8 beautiful, genius children.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    My Norse Hellenic Roman Empire. First & last World Conquest on Iron Man ��

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Indian kingdoms should have much larger armies at the start of 867

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Pratiharas with Chalukyas, and a local Rajput king fielded between 30,000-40,000 soldiers in 851 to face a 50,000-60,000 arab soldiers. At the start of 867, they should have between 15,000 and 25,000 soliders.

    Pratihara armies were largely cavalry including horse archers. Horses were vital but were imported into India so trade deals were vital. Also, most Indian kingdoms had standing armies.

    submitted by /u/bharatvarsha2077
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment