• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 2, 2020

    Crusader Kings For CK3: Please make Regencies matter

    Crusader Kings For CK3: Please make Regencies matter


    For CK3: Please make Regencies matter

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    In CK2 Regencies are little more than a glorified title.

    As Regent, my only new power is being able to fire council members that I don't like. Meanwhile, my two-year-old sovereign is still able to appoint new members, marry off members of his dynasty, command troops, even declare wars(if I agree with it). This doesn't make any sense. A Regent's purpose is to rule a kingdom in place of their liege until he comes of age, and for this reason, the title should have a lot more power, importance, and CONFLICT over the position.

    As Regent I should be able to:

    • Control justice in the realm(imprison/punishments)
    • Have full control of the council
    • Have access to kingdom-wide levees and royal demesne troops
    • Enrich myself at the expense of my child liege
    • Have a custom plot for me ONLY to declare my liege unfit to rule and install me as a permanent Regent.
    • Be able to force my liege to accept certain marriages.

    Alternatively, because the Regency is such a powerful position, many more people should want it and there should be conflict over it. Such as:

    • Faction to install Regent
    • Custom plot available ONLY to the liege at age 14/15 specifically to depose the Regent and rule early.
    • Plots available to council members and the liege's family to depose and replace the regent.
    • The greatest lords of the realm should ALL have a negative opinion modifier for the Regent, as they believe THEY should be ruling in the name of the King, naturally.

    Obviously this leaves a person playing a two-year-old with next to nothing to do. But maybe this could be compensated by increasing the number of childhood events to make that period of the game more interesting and to give the player greater control over their adult personality.

    "Who will be Regent" Has been such an important question which was caused so many interesting conflicts in history, most famously the Armagnac-Burgundian Wars, but also many other conflicts throughout Western Europe. The AGOT mod has much of this already, but I think the Devs have a huge opportunity to open up a criminally underused aspect of the medieval world and flesh it out to its fullest potential for CK3.

    TLDR: Make Regencies matter

    EDITED: Levels to levees

    submitted by /u/ImperialRepublic
    [link] [comments]

    Not related to recent in-game events.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    The AI is dumb sometimes

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Long live the Byzantine Empire

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Yeah this succession is gonna be great

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Perfection...

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Knew I should've picked duelist

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    They always have positive opinions too

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    CK3 PLEASE: let vassals be able to join the claim wars of other realms.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    This was a HUGE part of medieval politics. Government was based on personalities, if the vassals of a lord didn't support their liege they would often join the efforts of other people trying to claim overlordship of them.

    I can name numerous examples of Anglo Saxons siding with Danish efforts to take the throne of England from William the Conquerer, the vassals of France switching to support England in the 100 years war, and much more. (What brought this all to mind was reading about Stannis in ASOIAF trying to rally the north behind a Stark like Jon or Rickon in order to get Roose Bolton's vassals to turn against him.)

    In CK2 you cannot join the other side of a claim war if you are a vassal bc you are auto locked into being in your liege's war as a defensive war.

    I feel like this would just make the game more dynamic and interesting. ESPECIALLY if you could manage the peace offers with your vassals separately (but I know the war system probably isn't that complicated).

    submitted by /u/logalew
    [link] [comments]

    CK2 -> EU4 Jewish Campaign is going good

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Turns out my character's side chick is his ex-wife's corpse

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    The plague AND camp fever all before 800

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    I, a Duke, have a regular marriage with a Duchess in her own right, but neither of our sons are her heir. Why?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Edit: I'm an idiot. Her succession laws are agnatic-cognatic elective

    submitted by /u/Dawn-1000
    [link] [comments]

    Why? Just.. why do i have to die like that? I've dueled 3 guys in a row and then died to a f*king bear.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    CKII's scope for the map and religion opens up the possibility of Nri, which could be one of the most interesting places to play

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Nri was a kingdom in what is now Nigeria that started in the 10th century and persisted until the Scramble for Africa. A few parts of its structure remain to this day in Nigeria. It was ruled by the eze Nri, essentially a pope-king who headed both the spiritual and political aspects of life. The interesting part here is that the Nri religion required pacifism but also proselytised aggressively - priestly nobles would go on missions to neighbouring societies, convert them, and start bringing taxes back to the eze Nri. It has a lot in common with feudalism if you replace military force with religious influence. If the tenets system can actually facilitate this is would make for a fascinating playthrough.

    Nri is also home to Igbo-Ukwu, the site of incredible 9th-century bronzes that represent an independently-developed metalworking tradition that arguably exceeded most of the rest of the world's at the time, and also for being a safe haven for any escaped slaves even when all of their neighbours (be they European colonies or other Africans) were profiting from the trade.

    I'm gonna be delighted if Nri gets a proper showing in CKIII

    Edit: would you look at that I'm a dumbass who managed to mistype the part of the post that can't be edited

    submitted by /u/PurpleSkua
    [link] [comments]

    When a half of your court is secretly a pagan

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Nothing suspicious there.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    How to check your demesne 101

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    why ''from the ashes'' achievement is easy to obtain.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    play in a shattered world and start as a nomad ruler. boom you got it after you unpause it for a bit.because nomads start automaticly with a empire (requires holy fury and horse lords dlc)

    submitted by /u/thanossnapdie
    [link] [comments]

    The game wouldn't let me form the holy roman empire from the 867 start so I had to form my own

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Saw a reply on my inbox regarding the latest guy reforming byzantium as nicaea -_-

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    Should I mend the Schism?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Currently playing as the Byzantine Empire. I started in 1081 with the intention of finishing in CK2 and transferring to EU4. It is now 1230, and I'm swiftly running out of big plays to make it interesting.

    The situation so far:

    -HRE, France, Hungary & Empire of Brythenia are the largest powers in Europe other than myself -Almoravids are sizeable, Iberia is a mess of fractured Beyerbeliks and Catholic dukes and Kings -What's left of the Seljuks are fighting the Mongols -Baltic states are pagan still, and have been the main focus of Crusades lately, since I've dominated the eastern Mediterranean

    I'm looking for opinions because I'm conflicted on using the 'Mend the Schism' decision, as it will break the HRE when I transfer to EU4 and (as far as I no) result in the Reformation just not happening. This will take a lot of a flavor out of EU4 and weaken Europe and make things far to easy for me in EU4. On the other hand, I don't plan on converting to Catholic so it really holds no downside if I do mend the schism.

    I will also probably end up reforming the Roman Empire. I just feel like mending the Schism will tilt the scales too far in my favor

    What do you guys think? If I do mend it, what powerful rivals could I even potentially have to contest me in EU4?

    submitted by /u/kotowomp
    [link] [comments]

    Emperor Godefroy "the Dwarf Breeder"

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I guess that is the reason he is known as "the Wise".

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment