• Breaking News

    Monday, March 29, 2021

    Crusader Kings Ck3 but it's a mobile game ad

    Crusader Kings Ck3 but it's a mobile game ad


    Ck3 but it's a mobile game ad

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    New Player Experience

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    To start off, I'm a hardened strategy game veteran. Everything from Total Annihilation to Warhammer Total War, I've played most of the popular strategy games of the last decade. For some reason, I've never picked up Crusader Kings. I've seen the hype, great reviews, and streamers enjoying it, but for some reason I never pulled the trigger until last weekend. This game chewed me up and spit me out. Most strategy games have a set fairly linear path. "Build up an army using your faction's strengths and take territory". What first shocked me about Crusader Kings is that it's intentionally unfair. You won't have enough council positions to appease everyone, you will lose titles and land, and you will get backstabbed by people you thought you could trust.

    After getting beat down by a mixture of bad diplomacy, horrible vassal management, and even worse economy, I finally took a hit to my ego and rolled a game in Ireland on easy mode. I took all the lessons from my prior miserable failures and managed to actually unite Ireland under me as high king! Unfortunately, I had direct control of only two counties, making me a pathetically weak king. Even worse, my son and heir was a young schemer, and I knew it would be a tough transition when he took over. As I expected, when I died the vassals rebelled, raising up a new high king and relegating me to a corner of Ireland with massive debt and minor vassals who hated me as a reward. My character was just, but in the schemer school of study, which is a tough combination. To make matters worse, the new king stripped me of the cultural leader title and head of the dynasty. I was honestly angry, but what resulted was one of the coolest moments I've had in gaming.

    I immediately fired most of my standing regiments to dig myself out of debt, and started a plot to assassinate the young high king. I nearly went crazy with stress and turned to the bottle to do what was required but I knew I had a good shot of making it happen with my skillset. As the high king was set upon by Welsh attackers (ones I had managed to stamp down), I sent him to an early grave, leaving his infant son as king. With a toddler king and invaders pillaging Ireland, the vassals were forced to take be back as high king, restoring the kingdom that my father had built. Now the real test is holding it all together.

    Sorry for the long post, but this game is magnificent and I had to share.

    submitted by /u/Raxar666
    [link] [comments]

    Am I doing Indo-Norse right?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    I sacrificed the pope at my blot

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    The Ai during Crusades

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    Norse Israel, Nisrael if you will

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    You know how to fight six men, I can teach you how to engage 600

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    Varangian Adventures are a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:01 AM PDT

    Bit early for that isn't it?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Blursed timeline

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Why is my patient, calm, and brave daughter who is extremely pious trying to murder my stubborn, just, and honest and extremely pious wife?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    There really needs to be a "why the fuck" tab that explains even a little bit why a character is doing something. There has been nothing to indicate why my wife and daughter are such bitter rivals they want each other dead. I swear this game, like a shitty sitcom just randomly decides "ya know, there hasn't been enough family drama lately" and just makes some up on the spot. I've already lost 2 perfect sons. One accidentally got killed by the son that liked dueling people. Who then got murdered a few years later by my best friend, who was also friends with both brothers.

    submitted by /u/JakesterAlmighty99
    [link] [comments]

    just got the subscription thing for ck2 and i have to say

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    It is the best thing i have ever played it is so much fun and the stories that happen on the game like my man with 3000 piety (not sure if that is a lot)that found the necromicom that alone was the best event chain i have ever seen in any paradox game and i its super cool that after he died i am going to have to search for it again, or in other words i love this game

    submitted by /u/charles382
    [link] [comments]

    I'm assuming this is the goal of the game

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    HA, Nice.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    Northern Lords is a Saami Flavor Pack, Right?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    Out of 9 kids, one had to look super dumb.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    I may have gone a bit overboard this Passover...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    Apparently my heir killed me... Does this happen a lot in the game?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    OH BOY ANOTHER Viking Adventurer

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    is there any reason as to why i keep getting a swarm of 9000 vikings on my beloved Ireland every 10 years ?

    submitted by /u/callumstu
    [link] [comments]

    Wow, this Evtimii guy REALLY wants to murder the duke!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:37 AM PDT

    Found what I think is one version of that rare event that was mentioned

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    I should remove the "borea" part at this point

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    "I'll tell the world you love your wife if you don't give me what I want!"

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    Absolutely Cursed

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    "The Succession is Safe!"

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment