• Breaking News

    Monday, January 11, 2021

    Crusader Kings my hideous family<3

    Crusader Kings my hideous family<3


    my hideous family<3

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 05:15 AM PST

    Crusader king players are the best

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:33 PM PST

    My little critique of the some coat of arms in CK3

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 04:12 AM PST

    My little critique of the some coat of arms in CK3

    I want to start by saying that since CK3 starts in 9th and 10th century, a time when heraldry either did not exist or was not properly established, I understand that they must attribute a lot of arms, and that is fine. But their logic sometimes makes no sense to me.

    I will begin in my home region of the Balkans, and move on from there, I might go over other regions of Europe in another post.

    Dyrrachion was a theme in ERE, as such it had no CoA as ERE did not know heraldry until the Frankokratia period. Still...

    I assume their inspiration for the CoA were the arms of House Thopia, a family which ruled central Albania, it's nice. And CoA for the county of Dyrrachion is a gold eagle on a blue shield, akin to other Albanian houses like Muzakas, Djukadinis, Kastriots etc.

    Attributed CoA of the Vojislavljevic dynasty

    Duklja did not have a CoA until 1350s, however the golden horizontal stripe on a red shield has been the attributed arms of Duklja, and such it really came to represent the region, so good job on this one. One thing is that for the country of Duklja, they chose a black crescent on a gold shield, were as in CK2 the had a white wolf head, a CoA from 1350s I mentioned. They should have went with that!

    Again this CoA only appeared much much later after the start date of CK3, however it was the only CoA Ragusa has ever known, so good job on this one

    Dalmatia, again, same story, they changed the traditional field from blue to red, but its okay they are attributing arms after all.

    So this CoA appears for the first time in an armorial from 1600s, obviously it's no problem. Same story for Istria.

    Again, a CoA of a much latter date, but still the legendary symbol of Bosnia, it's great. They changed the field to red, I assume the creatable Kingdom of Bosnia has a blue field.

    Now we have some problems...

    First of all, let me say that this CoA looks SICK, however I struggle to understand why exactly did they opt for this one when Rascia had an attributed CoA, similar in style to this, just with different charges, 3 white horseshoes on a blue shield

    One's more, this exact blue shield is the CoA of the county of Rashka! surely they could have used this gold/black configuration for the county, and blue for the duchy! I hope they fix this, but I'm not complaining as this CoA is S I C K.

    That's better, nothing to add here, HOWEVER, since Poland and like a billion other titles use this configuration, why didn't they invert the colors?

    Original Serbian CoA had a red eagle on a white field, it's more distinct and it helps to differentiate it from all other white on red CoAs. They could have also used this specific style/blazon, to shake it up a little.

    This is fine, and I understand that this configuration is legendary and all, but, first ever recorded Bulgarian CoA was a single white lion rampant, on a black shield. Mabye they could have went with that to shake it up a little.

    Well I guess this will do

    Syrmia or Srem did not have a CoA until basically EU4 era, however I would suggest using a single crown at the top of the shield, and adding a deer passant, as that is found on later CoAs of Syrmia.

    Definitely don't copy this, but just use one of these symbols, mabye ever 3 crowns and white/blue waves underneath. Right now it looks too much like Sweden.

    Also paradox wtf is up with these 1 provinces duchies? cut a few counties from Slavonia and transfer them to Syrmia

    Paradox.. you had one fucking job..

    White star and the current configuration of Croatia, is a perfectly fine attribution of arms for a Balkan region, as the star is a common symbol in later Illyrian armorials, however please for the love of God, exchange these two, this is a sacrilege

    Great, great and great.

    All of these are traditionally associated with these regions, some a bit later after CK3 start date, but that's unimportant.

    CoA looks great but I struggle to understand why did they opt to use the Gold/Red color scheme. It's a color traditionally associated with Moldavia

    Why not use the standard color scheme with the later Vlach CoA, black eagle, white shield, add a little cross next to it, or don't. either way It would break the monotony of the region.

    I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this...

    Pretty cool, didn't think they would include this. All hail the flaming birb

    Why?

    Why? CoA of Constantinople in CK2 was much better. A crescent, or crescents on a tentagram cross, was a symbol, quite literally and possibly used as the offical seal of the city for centuries. What is this, alt history Breton byzantium? Really strange choice.

    My proposal, use it!

    Well I guess that's all for now.. all in all I'm happy with the CoA, but some choices really irks me!

    submitted by /u/Brother_Judas
    [link] [comments]

    ...and so he wept, for there were not more worlds to conquer...

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:56 PM PST

    Good

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 04:34 AM PST

    Wikiboxes are fun.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 09:12 AM PST

    It’s not much, but it’s an honest work [my first (iron man) attempt]

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 08:33 AM PST

    Insane Atheist Pope Witch. I may have had to do a teensy bit of torture to get this

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 06:38 AM PST

    Burmese Conquest of India Completed (Ironman - Seven Holy Cities)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 09:33 AM PST

    "Looking back... what a thought! It is hard for an old Emperor like myself to remember a time when I was young, handsome, and in love..."

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    I have won Crusader Kings.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:18 PM PST

    So, what's the veredict: CK3, easier or harder than CK2?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 09:58 AM PST

    I've seen people saying they think CK3 is way easier than CK2 and, honestly, I don't understand this take. CK2 had waaaaay more exploitable mechanics (mercenaries and societies, for instance) and, at least in my experience, it was easier to gain "mana" (gold, prestige, piety). Also, the easy access to primogeniture would basicaly ensure a tranquil succession, which doesn't happen in CK3 -- in my experience. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/barzabu
    [link] [comments]

    Am I misjudging it, or do Legacies feel like a very weak use of Renown compared to Disinherit?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 10:56 AM PST

    They give such useless and/or tiny modifiers while costing a whole ton of Renown.

    For the same amount (or often much less) Renown, you can basically ignore Gavelkind and always have your best heir inheriting your whole realm. Feels like such a stronger use that it seems like a no-brainer to me.

    I think I didn't even actually pick a single Legacy once, so I might be completely misjudging it and am open to read about that.

    submitted by /u/Jellye
    [link] [comments]

    CK2 GoA Patch 1.10.0

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 10:56 AM PST

    What do you do after you have an empire

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 10:39 AM PST

    Do you keep conquering. Or what. it seems to easy after a certain point

    submitted by /u/Per1cle5
    [link] [comments]

    Will The Fourth Crusade fire if the Byzantine Emperor is catholic in ck2?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:27 AM PST

    Im curious on what makes the event fire and if it fires if the Byzantine empire is catholic?

    submitted by /u/Trevorthesandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Any Skill of 69 is Nice

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    First Roman Restoration!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:10 AM PST

    That doesn't seem like a good motto for House Karen...

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:08 AM PST

    Send child to university

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:54 PM PST

    What’s the most OP lifestyle

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 10:29 AM PST

    Maybe warfare or diplomacy

    submitted by /u/Per1cle5
    [link] [comments]

    Vassal involved in war but not allied with my opponent? Can someone explain why my Chancellor Brychan is fighting me please. Sorry for shitty photos of screen

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 06:30 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment