• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Crusader Kings Thought I saw someone looking familiar

    Crusader Kings Thought I saw someone looking familiar


    Thought I saw someone looking familiar

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Thanks Paradox

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    One of the backgrounds is exactly the same as in the film Kingdom of Heaven

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    When your priest is also your wing man at the gay bar

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Please give us the option to expand the Lovers, Friends and Rivals tabs!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Possible Map Expansions?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    My 16 prowess, berserker, Dwarf Knight got swallowed whole from a carp in my pond. ;-;

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    When you mod weird shit into your game

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    There is an imposter among us!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    You hate to see it

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    As shameful as it may be, I achieved it scandal free!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    That's why you need diplomacy

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Finally I killed the white stag

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    After a while the "weirdness" of CK3 ceases to be funny and becomes a narrative-breaking annoyance

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    No matter how many times I restart or adjust the game rules (within Ironman-mandated limits), I can't get a "normal" campaign going. Sooner or later the world becomes a complete, unsalvageable clusterfuck of inbred freaks, extreme bordergore all over the planet, niche heresies destroying the Catholic church and overtaking Europe.

    No, I don't think young boys with major title claims are supposed to be betrothed to old landless women.

    No, I don't think your daughter is supposed to be lusting after you or her brother.

    No, I don't think the AI is supposed to be spreading their inbred children as much as they can, despite your best efforts to stop and contain it. Even if they have perfectly good heirs, somehow the ugly/inbred ones are the ones ruling kingdoms and empires.

    As others have pointed out previously, the cuckoldry/seduction is still rampant. I dread sending my spymaster to my own goddamn court. I don't want to know that my son is madly in love with a random hunchback elderly woman. I also don't want to know that my zealous daughter who was betrothed to a kind, generous, beautiful genius is boning half of my empire for whatever reason.

    I am not humorless so I can obviously laugh at it, but I am getting increasingly worried that this is all the game has to offer. Does anybody else share similar concerns?

    submitted by /u/A_crusading_mouse
    [link] [comments]

    Gorish Isles

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Why do you need Sunset Invasion when you already have Adamite doomstacks?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    How to Manage Your Vassals, Council, & Court

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Managed to form the Roman Empire as House Brian of Desmond - First Game Too! ^.^

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Literally Unplayable

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    My woman, soulmate and rival. I hate how perfect she is for me.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    CK3 Benchmark Mode

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I haven't seen this posted here but I found that CK3 has a benchmark mode. If you launch the game with the -benchmark option, it will start in this mode.

    By default, it is set to start in 1066 as the King of England with game speed set to the highest. It will pan between 12 locations at different speeds and zoom levels over 135 seconds. While this panning/zooming is happening, it will also cycle through the map modes and other interface views.

    Other than automatically jumping into a "game", the benchmark also gives you a frametime display with a graph. The graph has a green line for 16ms frametimes, so anything below it will be above 60 frames per second, anything above it will be below 60 frames per second. The display also has:

    • Frame Time (ms/FPS): The time it takes to complete an entire frame, in milliseconds and frames per second.
    • Render Time (ms/FPS): The time is takes just to render the frame graphically. So this excludes all game logic.
    • Render No Present (ms/FPS): Not sure about this one, honestly. Maybe how fast the game could run if it didn't actually show you any frames?
    • Threat Utilization: Again, not sure about this one. Possibly a measure of the CPU load of all the threads the CK3 process starts. I've seen it hover between 80-90 during the benchmark.

    You can alter the settings in [CK3 install folder]/game/common/defines/00_defines.txt by adjusting the settings starting with BENCHMARK_. They all have comments describing what they do.

    There is some output to go with the benchmark in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/logs folder. There will be some timer_dump files, one of which summarizes the tick (or days) numbers, including the total, average, fastest, and slowest ticks. I have other files in this folder, but I'm not sure if they're tied to the benchmark or because I turned on some settings in the debug mode.

    One major issue I've found, though, is that your character can die or lose all their titles before the benchmark ends. While the game speed indicator shows green, the game is actually paused at the game over screen, meaning the benchmark is almost useless for determining how CPU-bound you are. To mitigate this, you can change the character to someone that might live longer or keep their titles longer, like the HRE emperor (e_hre).

    I hope this is useful for some of you!

    submitted by /u/jordanclock
    [link] [comments]

    Countess Delphine Fournier (DNA string and Custom Ruler Mod link in comments)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    This is me, and I am magnificent.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    This absolute monster showed up on my court randomly

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment