• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Crusader Kings I finally did it! I unlocked all 15 lifestyle traits on a single character in an ironman game.

    Crusader Kings I finally did it! I unlocked all 15 lifestyle traits on a single character in an ironman game.


    I finally did it! I unlocked all 15 lifestyle traits on a single character in an ironman game.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    Is this some sort of post-masturbation guilt or something?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Two small things I SORELY miss from CKII

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    1. Death Noises

    This may sound fucked up, but I miss hearing the screams that I'd hear whenever I'd burn someone at the stake

    1. Disease Mapmode

    I want to see the Black Plague ravage the world again

    submitted by /u/sexy-snickers
    [link] [comments]

    Some of you are alright, don't come to Ghazza tomorrow

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Why does having smallpox prevent me from looking for a physician? Isn't that what you should actually do when you are sick?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    I think I should stop with the inbreeding

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Mod Release: Belgica Magnifica, a mod about the Netherlands!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Next time you're looking for more diskspace try deleting old savegames. The oldest save is from around 10 months ago, so I suggest looking into how much space you waste with old saves.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    I am almost certainly the illegitimate child of... myself?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Just Italians being Italians

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    TIL you don't need to be tribal to conquer kingdom/empire tier titles in a single war

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    Well... shit.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    It took me years to realize that the eunich icon is a man with hands above his crotch, and not a pair of stretched testicles

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    The problem with having too many children when you play your heir later on: Stress Instant Kill

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    CK3 Combat AI: An opposite take

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    I'll preface this conversation by saying clearly, the AI isn't perfect in service to the argument I'm about to make. And clearly I'm not an AI whisperer whose AI ally has never screwed me during a fight. The decision making of 40 AI armies deciding whether they should trickle into Jerusalem or stack up first during a Crusade is painful. I do hear you. BUT.

    I think the current AI is preferable to me for balance reasons. I prefer a selfish or stupid ally army that won't sacrifice it's troops to win my battle as opposed to an 'attach here' meat grinder ally.

    1) I am the weirdo minority who isn't in it for the blob of color by the 1400s. Now I say that, clearly the goal of the game is to be bigger, better, stronger than you were in the 800s, set your goals. But to me CK3 isn't about the 'I reach from Brittany to China' blob that say, EU4 is. I'd go even farther to say that I want my CK3 to be balanced around making it hard to get to invulnerable blob status as possible. To that end I want my allies to not make my fights lopsided. an AI that won't just attach to my doomstack and be free levy grind is what I want. So for me the concept of, "You banged my daughter, just give me your 10k troops permanently magnetized to my army so I can stomp my rival' isn't fun, or balanced. Please Paradox don't go that route.

    2) Since they are independent and/or dumb. I want to have to follow my Ally armies lead. If I'm rocking 5k and my Ally has 8, against an enemy of 10k, he's running the show. I don't think I should be able to rush out to my objective and stomp the bigger army that I want to kill. I need to play support. Sit behind the ally, replenish while watching him. Support his battles. Focus on the war goals not the fights. If they fuck off because they have another war, I should expect that, they're independent and have their own problems. If I can't cheese out a victory with them, so be it. White peace or lose and try again. I realistically shouldn't be able to beat a guy twice my size, and I don't want an alliance to allow me to do that very often.

    3) Just understand what they're about and tactics accordingly. They aren't going to commit an army half finished in a bad supply area that isn't a war goal. That calculation often won't make sense to them. So quit engaging in those fights. If you need them to win it, don't do it. Once you understand that, the AI works pretty well?

    I guess I'm just trying to say an AI that is a known quantity but is also free to fuck you over and fail to help you is what CK3 is about. It's a mechanic that can get you 90% to a known victory, but is going to murder your heir the other 10% of the time unexpectedly. I like that the Ally armies have that same quality. Absolutely someone smarter than me can tweak that. But turning combat into 'turn off the AI and give me all their troops attached here' is a bad call. I didn't like it in ck2 and I don't like it now. I feel like them not ever helping me beat the scarier army is good. It makes me more hesitant to expand and more of a gamble if I try to knock off my bigger neighbor. That's fun. I see a lot of 'AI sucks, not playing till they fix it.' posts but I feel like it's working (Mostly) as intended. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/ResplendentOwl
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Byzantine empire need a nerf?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    I usually play 867 and within a few hundred years the byzantines are an unstoppable behemoth painting the map purple way outside of the dejure empire with stacks of tens of thousands of troops. All the other big empires get fractured at one point or another but never the byzantines, I believe because they start with a favourable succession law. It makes playing any non-christian faith anywhere within spitting distance of them unviable because it's pretty much an insta holy war. Idk, there's just not much depth to it. They seem to never struggle to hold the massive empire together which is contrary to the overall game design flavour.

    submitted by /u/don-corle1
    [link] [comments]

    Stole this guy's tiny African Kingdom title to get under vassal limit. One training montage later, he's conquered Scotland and started a liberty faction against me. #ImhardforIomharid

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Community Flavor Pack v1.9 « Eastern Pack 1 » is out!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    My cancer is cured! Wait, where are my balls?!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    *zooms out* haha im in danger

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Wait ... It's all Rome

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment