• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Crusader Kings Asking the pope for coronation be like:

    Crusader Kings Asking the pope for coronation be like:


    Asking the pope for coronation be like:

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    Sigmund was right

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Recently started playing, watched a few tutorials and got my son as the Byzantine emperor, as Harald of Norway. Am I doing this right?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    I wonder if it will look this smooth for ethnicities with more significant differences

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Great Friesland - A CKII Goal

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Made a guide sheet to help myself Role-Play better at CK3

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    So I'm very excited that CK3 is coming out next month.

    I made myself a sheet with some guiding questions to help myself Role-Play my characters better. I'm supposed to read and answer these questions every time I'm getting to play a new character (Previous character died):

    Step A - If I don't have the energy to follow this guide, I'm too tired, and I shouldn't even play right now.

    Step B - Check all the traits, health & modifiers of your character (General Status)

    Step C - Find the motives and desires of this character by asking these questions:

    **Q: What was the general atmosphere when I grew up? (And also the current atmosphere now that I come to power)

    Q: Who are the most/least important people to me? Who are my friends/enemies?

    Q: To whom I want to prove myself? What do I want to prove? (In general)

    Q: Who or what I'm afraid of?

    Q: What triggers me?

    Q: Is there anything specific that I want to achieve? (Optional. Not necessarily a clear answer.)

    Combing the answers to these questions with the traits, health, general circumstances would give me a great overall understanding of my new character and where to invest my Skill Points.

    That's it. I want to print it and go over it every time I get to play a new character to make gameplay more immersive.

    I think Step A, solid opener. The number of times I switch a game on when I'm actually not in the mood and it makes my mental health worse...

    At the end of the day, these are philosophical-existential questions that I think every human needs to ask themselves, and by understanding it, you'd know better what guides you.
    I really don't want it to be more than 5-7 guiding questions to avoid making it be like a chore.

    Do you have anything to add to improve the list? Would like to hear your opinion.

    submitted by /u/PaniCush
    [link] [comments]

    Extinct pagan religions idea for CK3

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    I had this idea about how you could have a playthrough where your ruler could rediscover an extinct pagan religion. If your ruler had a site from the religion in their realm, they could get an event where they decide that the old religions were the true ones, like if they have Stonehenge in your land, you could convert to Celtic paganism, or if you had the pyramids, you could convert to the ancient Egyptian religion.

    submitted by /u/kinghouse666
    [link] [comments]

    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Norse, Reformed Germanic, Umayyad, Sayyid, King of Asturias.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Game End Deadline is So Scary

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is even worth posting, but I picked up CK2 in mid june. Bought most of the DLCs because I like throwing money at Paradox (big EU4 vet). Lost after two heirs in the tutorial. Didn't really understand the game. Tried Tutorial Island Ireland and found myself spamming console commands, which really took the fun out of it. Still didnt fully grasp the mechanics. Figured the game wasn't fun unless I actually challenged myself.

    Decided to play an Ironman game as Jorvik from the Old Gods start point. Set out to become the King of England. Did pretty well with that for a while. Became Catholic ASAP and deleted that Gavelkind nonsense. Eventually founded the Hvitserk bloodline and built a Great Statue in Jorvik. Had some amazing rulers and some very shitty rulers. Took over Scotland and Wales late game. Wanted to form Britannia (didn't know that was possible until I stumbled across it). In 1300, decided to make that my main goal.

    Pope tricks me into an Antipapal war against Aquitane, which butt blasts me with 2x20k doomstacks. Rebels tear my country apart. I lose and am $1000 in debt. 25 year old ruler becomes incapable. Left with a long list of female heirs. All of the Kingdoms are now independent. Lost my throne and am now a Duchess (lady jarl). Rampage to take back my crown.

    Circa 1420, I control nothing but England and keep having Queens (Skotland hated women, so I couldn't press my claim). Only 50 counties to my name. No claim on Ireland. Need another 15 or so. Decide to Yolo rush the other 3 kingdoms. Start doing crazy shit and breaking all truces, alliances, non-aggression pacts.

    I kid you not...In August of 1452, I finally get enough counties and money to form Britannia. Ironically, I then got enough money to usurp Ireland in December of 1452. I almost cried. 50 hours of gameplay and I thought it was all for naught. I cannot believe how much I've learned. I must say that this game is absolutely amazing.

    submitted by /u/TrickyDickFlicks
    [link] [comments]

    My entry for the Crusader Kings II Stories Contest

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Gave my horsey some immortal blood and he turned Super Saiyan

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    Since when could children be elected Pope?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Who needs diplomacy when you’re THIS GOOD AT FIGHTING!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Germanic Secret Suomenusku Knights Templar

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Screw it, I'm going to play as Charlemagne just to show the AI how dumb they are.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I am tired of seeing the AI fail to take Saxony, granted the pagans can be killer sometimes, but the AI can't even take Lombardy, even though half the time it has a larger army. There are literal story events for both of the Karling brothers which will help them form the HRE. The AI has frustrated me so much with its incompetence and the consequences of said incompetence that I am going to play a full Karling campaign, just to prove to it that it's possible.

    submitted by /u/Rawadon
    [link] [comments]

    "What sultanates have been showing up in the middle east?" "Iraq, kinda..."

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    All right, I will just start as a OPM and play a calm and quiet game... Oh....

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Can someone smarter than me explain what the hell I'm supposed to do with an immortal horse in my court?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    The Abbasid blob destruction prepared invasion. Now to burn everything to the ground and fight a million revolts

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Thats a new one

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    A godly man

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    dominating the world as an Italian Fylkir

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment