• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Crusader Kings My heir got cancer and decided to fucking castrate himself to cure it. Needless to say, it didn't work and he got disqualified from the line of succesion.

    Crusader Kings My heir got cancer and decided to fucking castrate himself to cure it. Needless to say, it didn't work and he got disqualified from the line of succesion.


    My heir got cancer and decided to fucking castrate himself to cure it. Needless to say, it didn't work and he got disqualified from the line of succesion.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Today I found this great Pulp Fiction reference in the game

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    60 years into my first ironman game, and I'm heartbroken

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    I picked the game back up again a few weeks ago after a few years of not having a halfway decent PC, and once I'd become pointlessly OP in an After the End Mahonic run I decided to give medieval Europe a try. I started from Yatvingia in 769 AD and set about conquering the territory of Lithuania. Once that was done, I reformed the Romuvan religion, and a few decades later converted to Feudalism. From here I was mostly content to build tall for a while and try and convert some surrounding nations.

    This was the time of First Vaidila Ringaudus the Tenacious, a Quick Brilliant Strategist who'd spent his childhood picking up some amazing traits. He ascended to the throne at the age of 14, the child of a concubine and yet the most favoured of his father's 10 children. Under his rule, Lithuania's scattered tribes coalesced into mighty castles and cities, all aided by his wife Rasa the Heavenly - as deadly as she was beautiful.

    In the summer of 835, a band of raiders from Minsk appeared in Vilnius, a mere 150 men strong. Thinking to gain some glory on the battlefield I had Ringaudus lead his retinue personally to drive them back, silver-hilted longsword in hand. Maybe it was some grim prescience that drove me to lose my bravery as I marched across the river. The enemy commander - a weakling, barely half the warrior Ringaudus was - challenged me personally. Foolishly, I accepted. When the dust cleared, both men lay dead. Ringaudus was 30 at the time. In a few months he would have become a Hero of Medeina.

    I was in shock. Ringaudus would have been a living legend given a few more years, and now he was snatched away. Worse yet, his killer hadn't even survived to await vengeance. I sat there for a good five minutes, open-mouthed and refusing to believe what had happened. My only consolation was that I had gotten a Quick heir before my death. Little Erdenis is only 3, but he shows great promise. And yet for now, the kingdom mourns.

    TL;DR: I fucking love this game.

    EDIT: Shitting fuck, I accidentally disbanded my entire retinue and now all my vassals are pushing me off the throne. An entire fucking weekend down the drain. Fuck everything.

    submitted by /u/LordEdapurg
    [link] [comments]

    I think the pope is hacking

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    so you have chosen death

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Let's play a calm game in France - not even a year later with a 16 year old count.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Anti popes tanking moral authority, what’s that?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    And that's what you call a pro gamer move

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    If he doesn't get canonised, I swear to god...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    ATEFF Polandballs of different nations

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Just formed Empire of Rus 93 years in on my achievement run for Lech, Czech and Rus.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    I don't know what to think

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Classic ck2; The one time I don't go for Ironman mode, the best events are lined up for my character

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    The Byzantine Emperor is an absolute mad lad

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    Gotta Love the Benedictine Order!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    The end of Emperor Augustus II Drake and the Outremer Empire

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    Cursed Catholicism

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Elite Wolf-Warrior viking berserker gets 1-shot by his disabled mom. Another 2 hours of ironman down the drain because dueling still doesn't work...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Finally got a genius heir in my seven centuries ironman run aaaaaand here comes cancer at 8 years old

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    TIFU by accidentally disabling achievements on my Seven Centuries run

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    So basically, I was doing my Seven Centuries achievement run, starting as the count of Nevers of the Nibelunging dynasty. Things were looking good: I fought off endless reformed germanic raids and took back western europe from a very expansionist Muslim Iberia, united the Italian Empire (me), the Empire of Foggia (sucessor state of the Byzantines) and the Wendish Empire thanks to clever marriages (and some assassinations) into the Holy Roman Empire, sent some dudes head to China in return for invading a Bengal that streched all the way to Persia, killed myself as an immortal and was in the year 1430. I counted the years till 1453 and got more and more hyped to finally finish the run.

    However, as I tried to start CK2 today, the icon suddenly disappeared from my desktop. Normally, this would not be a problem, but because I am retarded, instead of just starting CK2 from Steam I started the ck2game.exe from the installation folder. Steam didn't recognize me playing the game, and without Steam, there are no Steam achievements. This meant that after passing 1453 nothing happened, even when I tried to reload the save multiple times. When I realized that I was on the "wrong" version of CK2 and tried to reload in the Steam version, the damage was already done and achievements were disabled for the save.

    Atleast I have a game that I can convert to EU4 now.

    TL;DR: Didn't started CK2 in Steam which disabled the archivements, wasting my time on a +20h Seven Century run

    btw, any suggestions for a good starting character in the 769 start?

    submitted by /u/OktoGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed Byzantine Empire

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment