• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    Crusader Kings The Papacy ain't what it used to be

    Crusader Kings The Papacy ain't what it used to be


    The Papacy ain't what it used to be

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:29 AM PDT

    CK2 is now F2P

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    I'm ashamed and laughing at the same time!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    My court physician just told me "It was an honor", and killed himself as some kind of medical treatment for me. It damaged my ruler's psychological state, giving -2 to all stats and making me a lunatic. My ruler was sick with the flu.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    She was the heiress until her little brother showed up.....

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    Take it easy on the hashish, bud

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    A Mighty Power Emerges from the Caspian Sea

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    Indo-Norse Indeed.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    Alright then.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    So... If there isn't any emperor of HRE, who formed this Holy Order?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    Everything about this is wrong

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    The best indeed

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    An angel was send by god to deliver us from sin.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    Don’t buy from the Paradox Store right now

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    Guys literally only want one thing, and it's fucking disgusting.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Guys literally only want one thing, and it's fucking disgusting.

    https://i.redd.it/jbsjlz4al3t31.png

    This run started out as an achievement run, with the main focus being 7 Centuries and S.P.Q.R. As one can imagine, I picked up a few more along the way. A comprehensive list of all of the achievements I got:

    • United the Kingdoms
    • S.P.Q.R.
    • Beyond the Indus
    • I Shed Blood of Saxon Men; this one was really interesting, since I got it after I converted to, and reformed Hellenism
    • The Frisian Coast Is Long; this one, as well with United the Kingdoms I got after a viceroy died and I got the relevant kingdom title
    • Mercotransaction
    • Close Call
    • I Got Better
    • Aptly Named; I got these two 14 minutes apart from each other
    • Off With Their Heads!
    • History Is In My Blood; specifically: Blood of Attila, Solomonic Blood, Carolingian Blood, Blood of Ragnarr Lothbrok and Blood of Seljuk 'the Conqueror'
    • I Do Not Play Chess
    • By Jupiter!
    • Bless My Reign Down In Africa; totally by accident when conquering Africa

    I started out as the count of Thebes in 769, who had a vision about his house becoming a great and powerful house. Which... turned out to be true. At this point in time, I'm just waiting for the game to end so I can get 7 Centuries (and maybe Survivor and Persistent Survivor as well? I hope so.) It started out rather typically. I started as the count of Thebes, worked my way up to become the duke of Hellas, put as many family members on as many thrones as possible, got elected Byzantine Emperor, got murdered, lost the Empire (mostly because I was too aggressive in making my family my vassals) to a revolt, got it again and so on. All in all, I lost it 4 times, one of them being to another family member. But after that, I kept it firmly in my grasp with a combination of nepotism and viceroyalties.
    Once I was comfortable with my ability to keep the empire, I started expanding. Initially to the north, but once the Abbasids imploded in a decadence revolt, I gobbled up all those lands as well. I continued expanding, which was a bit slow, until I discovered that my great-great-great... grandfather Leon Skleros of Thebes was a descendant of Alexander the Great himself! From there on, I used the invasion casus belli to gain huge tracts of land in one fell swoop. The biggest ones were the invasion of the HRE, where I learned that it's best to besiege all holdings; the invasion of the Seljuk Empire; and the invasion of India. Another important one was the invasion of Maghreb, after it was taken by the Aztecs. This one was real fun, because I murdered the ruler of the Aztecs, until I inherited his lands. I didn't want to risk him revolting against me while he still had his event troops. Which I inherited after his final heir got offed. Of course, I used these free troops in order to grab a lot of land down in Africa.
    After all of the big players were finished, and Christianity and Islam were no more than annoying local cults, I started mopping up the tribesmen in the North, and the horsmen in the Russian steppes. While grabbing more lands, I somehow lost control of the Tibetan highlands. But those were quickly regained. After I had all the lands I could easily grab, the only thorn in my side was the Western Protectorate, that was still holding on to two counties in the East. I once previously tried to grab them in a holy war, but that ended... badly. But now I was prepared. And instead of being satisfied with two counties, I decided to unseat the Chinese emperor, and put a family member in its place. So I grabbed all my retinues, all of the mercenaries (literally all, I had 120k gold to spend on this war), and shipped them off to the border with China. Initially, it didn't go my way, but once the doomstacks split, I could roflstomp them and easily overpowered the Chinese Imperial Army. And that's where I am right now. Waiting for the game to end.

    Other notable achievements are: gaining 11 bloodlines (the 5 historical ones I mentioned before, 2 forged bloodlines, Alexander bloodline, 2 warrior lodge bloodlines, and the Roman restoration bloodline), reforming the Hellenic faith (Unyielding, Civilized, Animistic, Temporal) and rebuilding or restoring most of the 7 wonders of the Ancient World (I didn't have enough insane rulers to get the Pyramid up to snuff).

    submitted by /u/Kidiri90
    [link] [comments]

    My wife is the spawn of Satan, and i managed to make her chaste and kind

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    Finally restored Rome, started as count of Sancree in iron century

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:26 PM PDT

    "Layla, sweetie, I'm not upset you married a bear. I'm upset you're robbing the cradle."

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:16 AM PDT

    Gothic Empire

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    Most bizzare game yet, a female caliph and slavic byzantines

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Hey! She came on to me!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    Crusader Kings 2 | A Servant No More | One Character challenge

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    Not so lucky now

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    Otto the Great? You mean Otto the Tyrant, suspected devilworshipping arch-nemesis of Saint Louis the Merciful?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment