• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 30, 2022

    Crusader Kings Old, but great

    Crusader Kings Old, but great


    Old, but great

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 03:18 PM PST

    CK3 needs a value weighting to be advised of war value

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 02:23 AM PST

    New personal record, I love diplomacy!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 04:12 AM PST

    Am I doing Hybrid Cultures right?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 08:20 AM PST

    10 days until cursed cultures.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 11:36 AM PST

    I feel like I'm probably the inverse of most players

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:28 PM PST

    You play CK2 or CK3 I post CK1 images I found online We Are Not the Same

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 05:22 AM PST

    LotR: Realms in Exile 2.2 released. Doubled the size of the map, adding Far Harad. Play as the Haradrim, Nazgûl, Black Númenóreans and more.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 04:37 AM PST

    Anyone else? (also applies to CK2)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 06:51 PM PST

    Fuck it. King Alfred the Great AND Terrible

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 05:58 AM PST

    First time AI gives me gifts. I didn't even know it was able to.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 01:54 PM PST

    This man died as he lived.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 02:37 AM PST

    The power of feudal elective - 4 male children with only 1 heir inheriting all.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 11:15 PM PST

    I will remember his glorious death...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 03:04 PM PST

    Crossbowmen are OP, but this is next-level

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 06:19 AM PST

    Super-Hot take: People who play in Catholic Europe are actually playing on hard mode

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 10:49 PM PST

    I read constant posts of people asking for help dealing with succession, factions, all that stuff and I feel like they're experiencing these difficulties because they keep playing as a Catholic European.

    Here's some of the things you run into if you play in the Catholic heartlands:

    • You cannot fix your problems with religions, because if you create a new one the Pope will crusade you.

    • Expansion is slow. It takes much more time to expand and get large. On the flip side this applies to your neighbors as well.

    • It's harder to execute prisoners for dread because of the above and because nearly everyone you capture will be fellow Catholics, meaning you need piety to execute them unless you've got a perk two points into Intrigue

    • You have to be on good behavior relatively speaking cause the Pope will excommunicate you otherwise.

    • You'll get dragged into crusades and most of the time they suck.

    Contrast this with playing anyone tribal, or playing in feudal India. Being a 867 viking, African tribal, Steppe tribal, or even Slavic tribal feels so much more free than playing as a Catholic. Yes it's more chaotic but once you survive that initial stage you have so much more freedom to do whatever the hell you want.

    And India gives much of the same benefits as Europe plus more: relatively stable already-feudal realms, high development levels, awesome unique buildings, war elephants, but also allows you to form your own faiths without any fear of some dude in a funny hat calling the entire continent down on you. And even if you do no one's going to go holy war on you because Eastern religions play nice with each other.

    Down with religious hierarchies! Become free!

    submitted by /u/Metrinome
    [link] [comments]

    The truth always comes out

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 03:45 AM PST

    I've never had my entire family wiped out! Installed a mod that brought the bubonic plague at a random date and it hit so early into the game. All my family died except a young boy who is so distant, he's barely related to anyone. Many major families perished in the world, it's actually shocking!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 03:22 AM PST

    daughter

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 03:55 AM PST

    A confession so evil it decreases fertility

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 09:55 PM PST

    Alexander reborn

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 01:25 AM PST

    A truly almost perfect child, only thing I'm missing is pure blood

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 06:08 AM PST

    Run Completed - All Dynasty Legacies & 1 Religion Only

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 02:32 AM PST

    Run Completed - All Dynasty Legacies & 1 Religion Only

    Thought I should end this run before Royal Court.

    1 Religion Only World

    No county with a different faith & Pope of the whole world

    BTW almost forgot about Malta. Was wondering which county was still Muwallidism and didn't see them zoomed out on the map. And with their 10k Holy Order, they were able to defend themselves quite well on their little island.

    All Legacies achieved

    Finally done with this abomination of a run.

    For reference started in 867 as a count in Britanny and like 200 years into the run, I thought it would be fun to see whether I can get 7 complete legacies. (Didn't know at that point you can just switch culture to Norse and have access to the other two; I thought you needed to start as a northern lord)

    Then while conquering a bit I found out I could mend the great schism and just went along from there.

    Now to talk about some serious problems with this game.

    Communion is literally the best way to make money, however, having this tenet with a big religion makes carpal tunnel syndrome almost guaranteed. And let's not even talk about the fact of how many wars I have whited peace on or how many alliances I have entered without wanting to. (In fact, you don't know those popups are the same as Seek Indulgences)

    Lag. With a massive dynasty (12k members now) and I personally think the legacy Decentralized Rule the game became laggy af. Fun fact if I hover over my Renown display my frame rate drops to like 3-5 fps as I suppose the game is constantly keeping track of it and needs to display it. While playing my Renown gain is also constantly fluctuating as expected. Now at my current point, I swear my Speed 5 setting is roughly normal Speed 3 so 1day/1second. It became an absolute grind converting counties at the end.

    Ironman. I swear this game is saving like every 15 seconds for 10 seconds during a war.

    What liked though is the different perspective on Legacies I have achieved through this run. It was no longer a matter of what would help me the most but rather what the best for my dynasty to keep their land and as such I went for legacies I normally wouldn't have right away. Hilariously enough I found a Reddit thread talking about the same idea while I was in the mindset and wanted to see what other people thought. https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/nu0ga7/whats_the_niche_thoughts_on_dynastic_legacies/
    While my thoughts differed a bit it still was nice seeing someone else's opinion on this topic.

    Btw I saw someone posting a screenshot of Crossbowmen with high damage

    Only 3 Duchies BTW LMAO

    Crossbowmen absolutely demolish everything. And as such, I have decided to no longer play with archers of any sort in future runs, including horse archers which tbh are just crossbowmen slapped onto a horse and labeled as skirmishers. I could have even gone for more damage on my crossbowmen but this was enough. Also for anybody wondering, MAA Counters don't play any role at high amounts of MAA. I normally split my whole army and at most, they were countered to deal ONLY 99% damage. TBH I couldn't care less about a counter like that. But then again it makes sense. Why should 300 Light Horsemen be able to counter 6800 Crossbowmen?

    Border gore is inevitable when going for a lot of renown. (I'm Great Raven btw)

    Ironman & Achievements available

    My domain is all at 100

    And who said you need vassals. No gold mines

    Fun fact btw the displayed gold amount is capped at 2147483 Gold.

    Renown, I once hit 300 but now it dropped again, due to Andalusia and Wales going crazy.

    Lost 1 5% increase. Also could have gone more for the holy site, child conversion strategy, but it was more than enough.

    That being said, however, the amount of renown needed to complete all Legacies is ridiculous

    If you start in 867 you need a total of 306250 renown to get 7 full Legacies. That's 43,551 Renown/Month

    If you go for 9 Legacies you are looking at 506250 Renown, so 71,992 Renown/Month

    If that trend continues I am afraid that when Southern Lords drops it is gonna be absolutely ridiculous. So please Paradox cap Legacy Cost at 10000 Renown. That way it would be way better. Or perhaps at a lower value like 8k or so.

    A lot more achievable when capped at 10k

    And let's not even talk about starting in 1066. Or shall we. 9 Legacies at 109 Renown/Month. Have fun

    Just look at Wales. Those sheep are unstoppable.

    Can't remember anything else I wanted to talk about, but always open to some questions.

    submitted by /u/LukasXD_
    [link] [comments]

    Massive event chain of my character writing down his Dreams.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 05:05 AM PST

    I want my prisoners to beg for their freedom. Occasionally.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 06:16 AM PST

    It's so easy to forget who you have tucked away. How am I to know that Duke whats-his-face has finally scraped together the funds to ransom back his stolen heir? If Princess Moneybags wants to be free so badly, why has she never bothered to bribe a guard to pass me a note? Oh, the good Cardinal of Imprisoned for 35 years has a lot of friends in high places? They could write.

    Having a prisoner ask to be free every once in a while would be nice. At present I think the closest you get to that is sometimes when improving relations the target of your affections will ask you to set someone free, but it'd be genuinely helpful to have it happen a bit more often, especially for characters who have been imprisoned and forgotten about for a long time.

    Also, not entirely accurate to all times and cultures in CK3, but I think it'd be fun to have a system of dueling specifically for prisoner release. Got a champion fighter in there? Have him argue for his right to prove his innocence in the arena. Kidnap Svarlbag the Terrible's daughter? He comes knocking on your gates offering to fight to free her, that sort of thing.

    submitted by /u/Wulfrinnan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment